Are graphics important?

jurew2

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
The games that we play today are getting more and more advanced in the graphics department and therefore the graphics are getting more beautiful on each new release. Some people might say that they play games only for their graphics, because they get in love with the ingame environment. Other people might think that the graphics are important, but they think that the gameplay is far more important than the graphics themselves. What is your opinion about this? Would you still play a game with bad graphics when the gameplay is still fantastic?

I prefer both, so to me if a game is really good *and* has amazing graphics, and I'm hooked. I can handle mediocre/dated graphics to a degree, but I don't miss the days of pixelated games, and it's one reason I just can't get into minecraft. I can't take the blocky/pixelated look.

I really don't care about the graphics as long as the gameplay/story entertains me. Although, there are some games where the graphic is the only reason to play it, like racing games, some FPS, and others.

I'm not a fan of retro pixel art, but other than that I don't really mind graphics that don't look all that incredible. I still enjoy decade old games like Half Life 2 and CounterStrike.

Well, graphics are not all that important, but it's nice to have a game with amazing game-play and amazing graphics, as well. Graphics can't go without game-play, but game-play can go without good graphics. The game can be really beautiful, and it could demand a war machine to run it, but if the game-play isn't good and compelling, why would you stick around playing that game? If the story is horrible, and the game-play is weird and there aren't that many features in the game, but it has the best graphics you've ever seen in a game, would you play it for more than a few hours? I know I wouldn't.

It depends on the visual style. I play a lot of old games and enjoy them. I've played new games with amazing graphics but did not really like the overall art direction and it ruined it for me. I loved Skyrim, for instance. Yet, after playing through the first time I got a lot of mods for the game so that it could be prettied up a bit colorwise.

Yeah for sure! The only thing that appeals to me when I play the game aside from the gameplay would be how it looks like. I know that this won't be true back in the day but in the gaming world nowadays, it has to be really appealing to the eyes to make it more interesting to play with.

I love graphics immensely but I can't play a game if the storyline or character have nothing to offer and it doesn't matter how beautiful or realistic that virtual world is to me. Simply put, I love a game with substance if their putting in the extra effort for amazing graphics as well.

I'm more into gameplay and plot than graphics, though if something looks utterly atrocious I won't bother playing it. I don't need someone to be amazingly state of the art to lure me in, however. I love my 8-bit games no matter what generation it is from. I definitely enjoy a balance with graphics, gameplay, and the likes; but, ultimately, if I'm not feeling the story or the controls are terrible I just can't get myself to enjoy it.

i would say definitely not, but that would be shortsighted.

i think this problem is akin to wether or not lyrics are important in a song.

the best is when both graphics and gameplay are top notch, but if i had to pick one, it would not be graphics.

case in point - FTL. retro graphics also insanely addictive.

I dont really mind graphics, For example Minecraft. Terrible graphics but an amazing game. But everyone has their gamergasm's when they see an amazing detailed game played on your amazing gaming pc. When i played Skyrim for the first time with some graphic enhancer. I just could not believe my eyes. So after all it really doesnt matter.