Anyone played Wild Arms?

petrushka

Registered
Dec 2, 2014
I played my PSP after a million years and saw that I had Wild Arms XF unfinished there. It made me remember that I really liked the original Wild Arms on the PS1, even though it was pretty much overshadowed by Final Fantasy VII which swept the PS1 world then.

I've only ever encountered a few people who played the original so I was wondering if any here had ever played it? Or any of the other games in the franchise. I've played until 5 but only finishe 1-3. Still need to finish 4 and 5 and XF but, well, time constraints. :(

This is one of the many RPGs I have downloaded to my Vita that I may never play because there aren't enough hours in the day for them all. Damn shame too, I hear so much good stuff about it..

Wild Arms for the PS1 was one of my favorites. I got so sad at the first credits thinking I messed something up and then the real game started and I was hooked. One of the best stories of all PS1 games imo.

I remember the demo for Wild Arms was mailed to me once and I LOVED IT. It was unlike any RPG that I had played at the time. I played that demo over and over again, until one day my cousin let me borrow the full version. I never beat it, but I did spend a lot of time with it. Maybe I got stuck at some point, I don't really remember.

@Ridge - yeah, time is my problem too. I love role-playing games but my favourites tend to be the life-consuming ones (haha) so I can only ever really play a few at a time unlike when I was younger and spending 80+ hours in a single game. Hope you can get to try it though! It's still one of the most enjoyable RPGs I like, and I found that I even liked the original Wild Arms than the PSP Wild Arms XF, hehe.

@Vook - that blasted credits messed me up too! I thought, "What? That's it?" but it ended up just the opening haha! But I loooove Wild Arms 1's opening movie - the song, the scenes they chose, the style. I was sad they changed it for the updated PSP release.

@LitoLawless - Wild Arms was the perfect example of those "spend 80+ hours RPGs" that I loved to play so much when I was younger, haha! It was a long story and you need a high enough level for some bosses. But yeah, wasn't it really good? I loved how it was such a perfect balance of fantasy, rpg and puzzle game. I loved the different tools you use in order to advance the story. :)