Anyone else addicted to escape games?

medievalmama

Registered
Mar 8, 2015
Oregon
I'm so hooked on escape games, especially the 'escape the room' variety, where you have to combine objects. I'm wondering if others are playing these. What are you favorites? My only problem is that I go through them so fast. Are there any worth buying?

I used to be years ago before we played on mobile platform's but not so much now, I think for me the reason is a lot of them have added in find hidden object games into the middle and I hate hidden object games so I stopped trying them. I used to adore playing them on my PC but even more preferred ones where you were trying to escape a home or island or something and had to work your way through and solve problems to move forward. Know any good ones like that without hidden object games thrown in the middle?

I enjoy games by MobiGrow.(several versions "Can You Escape" among others.) Also "Escape Alice House" is fun. The developer is Japanese and the name is in kanji so I have no idea who they are, but they also have some "Kitchen Escape" games that are fun.

Reactions: Victoria Langley
I like them, but I stopped playing when IAP's started to come in. I'm fine with a harder game, but charging money to get past some parts that are so hard it's almost impossible to get through without paying really annoys the crap out of me.

I enjoy games by MobiGrow.(several versions "Can You Escape" among others.) Also "Escape Alice House" is fun. The developer is Japanese and the name is in kanji so I have no idea who they are, but they also have some "Kitchen Escape" games that are fun.
I will have a look, I think I saw an advert for the alice one the other day but I think that had hidden object games in it. Unless its a different one, I will have a look later tonight :) Thanks for the information! I do like a game that challenges me a little but then I don't like to get to the point where I am ready to launch the ipad ha ha

Reactions: medievalmama
I like them, but I stopped playing when IAP's started to come in. I'm fine with a harder game, but charging money to get past some parts that are so hard it's almost impossible to get through without paying really annoys the crap out of me.
Seriously you have come across some that need to by the in app purchases to move forward? I have not come across that yet myself thankfully. Nothing too hard that a quick help guide search could not help if I was mega stuck. I know cheating but better than paying ha ha

Seriously you have come across some that need to by the in app purchases to move forward? I have not come across that yet myself thankfully. Nothing too hard that a quick help guide search could not help if I was mega stuck. I know cheating but better than paying ha ha

Yeah, but there's one "Castle Escape" that pretty much requires you to pay to get on from the third level. You need to "buy" gold to buy something from a shopsman, and there are only 4 gold pieces hidden in the rooms you can access up to that point. The key costs 5 pieces.

Not really. I think I get too frustrated easily. I do have a few escape games on my ipad mini, but I only play them when I'm really bored

Yeah, but there's one "Castle Escape" that pretty much requires you to pay to get on from the third level. You need to "buy" gold to buy something from a shopsman, and there are only 4 gold pieces hidden in the rooms you can access up to that point. The key costs 5 pieces.
That is very wrong, if they want to make a game hard to play without paying is one thing but to make it impossible is very wrong. If they want you to pay they should be upfront and charge at the start of the game or point out that you need to pay after a certain level as some do.

That is very wrong, if they want to make a game hard to play without paying is one thing but to make it impossible is very wrong. If they want you to pay they should be upfront and charge at the start of the game or point out that you need to pay after a certain level as some do.

I totally agree. That's a crappy way of doing business. That game is going on my blacklist for sure

Hey, did you know about breakout? :) I'm not sure where in the world it's available (it's available in my country, but I'm not sure if all countries have it). It's a real-life escape game :D A friend of mine told me it's really really hard, plus the overwhelming time pressure makes it difficult. Although it's a team play, not individual play, so it probably depends on your team work whether it becomes harder or easier :D

I remember playing these games all the time a couple of years back, I used to use the train quite a lot back then and they helped pass the time.
I think when these games first came out they was good fun hut as the niche carried on and got more popular they started to go down hill a bit I thought. Like they'd run out od ideas.
Then again, I guess there's only so many places that you can escape from!