Any other Hardcore PC gamers out there?

The fact that you constantly need to upgrade and worry about your machine is uneasy. Consoles win at this, because you get an optimized game with a chance to play it while laying comfortably in your bed or on your sofa.

Don't spend a lot of money on a thing that's not your primary source of money. While sure, I understand people that do gameplays on YT and get cash from it, but if you're a regular dude with a regular cash flow, then it'd be smart to settle for a little more low-budget PCs.
I agree because I am not going to break my back just to get a high end pc and not be able to afford anything else. Most low end PCs still perform good and can run most games fine.

well I upgrade whenever I dont feel like its performing well enough especially on games like Crysis. where do you buy parts for the pc, guys?

I've been gaming on PCs for well over a decade now; upgrading has never really been much of an issue. If you avoid the big brands like Dell and Compaq and build your own rig than it's not that much more expensive than a console and if you get high end components then you'll easily last most if not all of the console generation. It's worth it in my opinion since PCs are much more multifunctional than a console.

Anyway, I don't game as much as I used to, but currently I play a lot of Battlefield 3 and I just picked up Civilization: Beyond Earth. I'm getting stoked for the PC release of GTA V.

I used to play WoW pretty hardcore until recently. I've done heroic raiding, rated PvP, and I had a blast. Now, hardly any of my friends still play, so I'm losing interest, but it was a fun ride.

well I upgrade whenever I dont feel like its performing well enough especially on games like Crysis. where do you buy parts for the pc, guys?

Quickly, Newegg.com or tigerdirect.com . Amazon is a good "baseline".

I used to play WoW pretty hardcore until recently. I've done heroic raiding, rated PvP, and I had a blast. Now, hardly any of my friends still play, so I'm losing interest, but it was a fun ride.

When I finally broke from WoW i spent a ton of time wandering from one MMO to the next in search of something to fill the void, mainly because I refused to go back. Oddly Final Fantasy 14 has proven to be awesome and the one that has kept me coming back for more every time. They have really gone above and beyond with this entire "relaunch" thing. They are actively trying to make the gamers trust them again, and for the most part they are doing a pretty good job of it.

How would you define hardcore gaming and gamers? I play for at least a good coupe of hours a week and yet my brother says that I am a casual gamer. I guess, he likes gaming more than me. So it's all about your perception.

Thanks, Gillman. My kiddo loves all things Final Fantasy. I should probably give it a go. I'm bummed that WoW isn't what it used to be, but I guess all good things come to an end. I don't know. I might get back into it at some point if some of my friends play again, but it's not nearly as much to play without friends, and I really don't know if I feel like starting over. Looking for a new guild can be almost as rough as looking for a job. lol

How would you define hardcore gaming and gamers?

Dedication?

Thanks, Gillman. My kiddo loves all things Final Fantasy. I should probably give it a go. I'm bummed that WoW isn't what it used to be, but I guess all good things come to an end. I don't know. I might get back into it at some point if some of my friends play again, but it's not nearly as much to play without friends, and I really don't know if I feel like starting over. Looking for a new guild can be almost as rough as looking for a job. lol

There is a free demo up on steam. I believe it goes up to level 20, which is when you start doing the "mount" stuff. You should really know if it has its hooks in you by that point

Dedication?

I am pretty much a hardcore gamer than as I am dedicated to games. I love them. It's nearly impossible for any major release to go under my radar. The only genera that I don;t love so much is the MMO.

Yeah, I pretty much think that "hardcore" is just a dedication thing. I have gone a month without playing a game (work and life related) but still listen to podcasts in the car to keep up, and will throw a stream of something on in the background at work so I don't go insane. Aside from that it is kind of how you identify inside of said genre(?). Mainly for me I go after PC stuff, because it is always, without a doubt, the best.

also, if you have an old xbox 360 controller, i recommend getting a wireless reciever for the pc. its the best of both worlds.