Atari announced that it will release RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D on Nintendo 3DS on October 16, 2012.
Developed by n-Space, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3D marks the return of one of the world's most popular game franchises and delivers an innovative and robust theme park simulator to the next generation of Tycoon fans.
Since its inception in 1999, Chris Sawyer's original RollerCoaster Tycoon and its sequels have captivated audiences with a gaming experience that put a whole new spin on the world of theme parks. Now, 12 years later and with over 11 million units sold, the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise makes its debut on a portable handheld for the first time ever.
New features exclusive to Nintendo 3DS include:
- An entirely new gameplay mode called "Coaster Story," which blends tutorials and park challenges into a cohesive and entertaining narrative and offers players tons of special unlockable content
- A first-person view for coaster rides that fully immerses players with the innovative 3D display exclusive to Nintendo 3DS
- The ability to freely customize the design of roller coasters and theme parks with the use of a stylus and the touch-screen interface
- Just like at a real theme park, take a snapshot of yourself on a ride and share it with your friends
- Gyro sensor allows players to look around their theme park by simply tilting their Nintendo 3DS
- Create the ultimate coaster and easily share it with friends through StreetPass
- Invite your Mii Plaza friends to your theme park