Mercenaries is a revolutionary, 3rd-person action-shooter game set in the near future and inspired by real world events. On the eve of a historic reunification of North and South Korea, a ruthless general stages a military coup to take control of North Korea and threatens the world with nuclear war. The international community launches a global task force to stabilize the region. However, when diplomatic efforts collapse and the region descends into anarchy they announce a one hundred million dollar bounty on the North Korean general and his top military and scientific advisors. The targets are identified in a ‘most wanted’ list in the form of a 52-card deck of playing cards. As one of the top operatives for a private mercenaries company called Executive Operations, you have been called in to collect on these bounties.
* Highly detailed and massive open environments that are completely interactive. If you can see it, you can use it, steal it, drive it, fly it or blow it up.
* Explosive combat – choose from a huge arsenal of realistic military weapons to lay waste to anything in sight. You have the firepower.
* Flexible gameplay – Use your weapons and your imagination to complete the missions any way you like.
* Dozens of military and civilian vehicles, ranging from tanks, cars and trucks, to helicopters that can be commandeered and used for any purpose.
* 52 action packed missions representing each playing card of the ?most wanted? list and hundreds of dangerous, but highly profitable side missions.
* Choose which missions you?ll accept from the different factions ? UN, South Koreans, Russian Mafia, and Chinese ? in order to gain intelligence, receive new contracts and gain access to new areas. But choose your alliances carefully, the UN, Russian Mafia and even an embedded journalist can be your friend or foe.
* Earn cash from different contracts to buy more advanced weapons, vehicles, and even, air strikes or sell your vehicles and weapons on the black market.