WTF: Blake Vs. Peterson

Stan

myGamer Slave
Staff member
Registered
Jun 22, 2005
www.mygamer.com
It boggles my mind how Robert Blake got off and Scott Peterson got death. I was keeping up with both cases, and to be honest I feel Blake's case was stronger than Petersons... WTF!!

Well from what I've read there was no physical evidence in the Blake trial, just, from a conspiracy standpoint, the word of two stuntmen who said Blake wanted his wife "whacked off."

Also this strikes me..Bonnie Blake was a person who would do anything to be around celebrities..she wasn't painted in a flattering way. Blake felt trapped to marry her because of the child.

Now then take Laci Peterson. All the pictures you see of her she is all smiles and every word you hear about her is positive. and not to mention her unborn child. Which murder do you think people want to see someone punished for more?

Lynn

A question for you dissonantfeet: What punishments should the government impose to sway people from committing crimes? Is life in prison enough of a threat? I do think the argument is interesting for having harsher penalties for lesser crimes as a deterent. What more can you threaten to take away from someone beyond their life? Or do we just accept that there will always be evil people who will do horrible things no matter what the cost?

I don't really think the death penalty is a detterent(sp?) for people killing someone. The appeals process is so long that you can stay on death row a very long time before your sentence is carried out.

I do agree harsher sentences for lesser crimes...look at the Lunsford case...Cooey had been arrested like 20-30 times? now granted it was stuff like burglary or whatever but still...

Lynn