Worst game of all time???

I think by far Mike tysons knockout was the worst game of all time. I absolutely hated this game in so many ways. especially how it always locked up. It was so annoying to be in the middle of a match and the game just freeze.

Well I did not play that game until I was older so I completely understand what you are saying. I feel like someone somewhere is working on a sequel to Shaq Fu. I feel it in my gut.

It's well & good that they're remaking the garbage that was Shaq Fu but there are WAY better things to remake. I can name ten before I run out of ideas. I think the transition between consoles & the owners of said consoles may be restricting that move.

I think by far Mike tysons knockout was the worst game of all time. I absolutely hated this game in so many ways. especially how it always locked up. It was so annoying to be in the middle of a match and the game just freeze.

Did you hate Mike Tyson's Punch Out or just Punch out generally? I've had a tough time hating that game or the remake. I liked both but I probably didn't experience the same lag or skips you did.

Did you hate Mike Tyson's Punch Out or just Punch out generally? I've had a tough time hating that game or the remake. I liked both but I probably didn't experience the same lag or skips you did.
Same here with me. I really enjoyed Mike Tyson's Punch Out. In fact, this is routinely considered one of the best boxing games of all time. IGN even went so far as to rank this as the 7th best game for the NES of all time.

People usually bring up something like the Atari 2600's E.T., Superman 64 , Shaq Fu, or Big Rigs Over The Road Racing as their vote for the worst video game of all time.

In my own opinion, the likes of Superman 64 is worse than the Atari 2600's E.T. or Shaq Fu, and the Big Rigs game is even worse than that!

Why? Essentially because I honestly believe that a game that is actually, literally broken, unplayable, incomplete, and clearly was not ready to be released into the market is almost objectively a much worse game than a game that is at least complete, playable, and market ready (even if it isn't particularly enjoyable).

Despite their infamous reputation, the Atari 2600's E.T. game and Shaq Fu aremuch more complete, playable, and somewhat entertaining games than Superman 64 or Big Rigs. (Whilst hardly a great game, the Atari 2600's E.T. game is far from being the worst video game of all time!)

E.T.'s major issues were simply placing the pits too close to the screen edges (making falling into the pits too frequent and frustrating of an issue), making levitation too tedious (making escaping the pits too frustrating of an experience), and not adequately explaining how to play the game to its users. People often claim that E.T. is "broken and unplayable," but in truth they really just don't know how to play it and were unwilling to learn and give it a proper chance.

Superman 64's issues are more egregious, as it isn't just a completed game that people don't actually know how to play and don't give a fair chance: the game-play is so unyieldly that it is virtually unplayable and should not have passed the basic testing stage before being released! (I have a pet theory that Superman 64 was actually made for Kryptonians and not mere mortal men without the superpowers required to manipulate Supes!)

Big Rigs' issues are more plentiful and serious than even that. A racing game in which your opponent cannot move, the player passes through any and all objects, and the player can exceed Warp 10 when in reverse is clearly far less complete and is by no means market ready! (Unless the game's plot was that you're playing a big rig's ghost, not beholden to the physical laws of corporeal spacetime--which as far as I understand wasn't the case!) Unlike the Atari 2600's E.T. game, Big Rigs actually is literally broken and unplayable!

So, given the above, I believe that the comparison between these games goes beyond a mere matter of subjective taste: Big Rigs is almost objectively a worse game than Superman 64, which is itself almost objectively a worse game the Atari 2600's E.T. or Shaq Fu!

On the other hand, the very fact that there's a website solely dedicated to "liberating" every possible cartridge of Shaq Fu surely speaks volumes as to just how terrible it must be! (I've honestly never had the "honour" of playing Shaq Fu for myself! Largely because, then and now, I'm not a fan of basketball or fighting games.)

There are plenty of games that people routinely nominate as being the worst of any system period, but I'm hard-pressed to think of another game that has earned that dubious "honour!"

I dunno. I guess. But I mean, for me, it doesn't even have the comedy factor that other bad fighting games have. And trust me, I love me some bad fighting games, they are always fun to play with people who play fighters competitively :D
I guess I can understand what you are saying haha. Bad fighting games are always the best to play whenever you have a group of friends over. The only game that is more fun to play is Mario Baseball for the Gamecube because of how broken that game is.

Don't know about the worst game of all time, but imo...IMO, Twilight Princess is the very worst official Zelda game! It's dark, there are no octorocks and many of the characters just didn't speak "Zelda" to me.
Oh that is definitely pushing it haha. Twilight Princess, while I can agree it is the worst Zelda game, is definitely not one of the worst games of all time. There were an abundance of quality things about that game and I do not know if it is just the nostalgic child in me that thinks this post is blasphemous or if it's just my gamer senses tingling.

For games of more recent vintage, I would also add Miami Vice for the PS2 to the list of worst game of all time. Though I never played it, Little Britain was panned universally. I'll let the trailer speak for itself:

I wasn't even aware that there was a Little Britain game! And, yeah, based upon that trailer it looks... not particularly great.

And when your game is based off a sketch comedy series that routinely features characters projectile vomiting in disgust... you might want to do a sufficiently decent job to avoid the obvious negative reviews.

(As for the show itself, I found Little Britain a bit amusing at first and an episode unto itself is passable... but after a few episodes it became abundantly clear that each episode merely repeats the exact same skits as the last ad nauseam--to an even greater degree than even Saturday Night Live or Mad TV! Little Britain pales in comparison to truly great sketch comedy shows like Monty Python's Flying Circus, The Kids in the Hall, or Mr. Show!)

But still, despite all of that, I doubt that Little Britain would be the absolute worst game--especially if it's actually not broken and playable!

If Little Britain is being nominated as the worst for its revolting gross out factor or tasteless, then there's far worse games out there on that score! Every entry on this list of twenty offensive games is orders of magnitude more tasteless, offensive, and vile than Little Britain's gross-out humour or any other game mentioned thus far I dare say, making them worse on that metric at least! (Be warned, these entries are indeed offensively vile and beyond tasteless. I consider myself an advocate of free speech and satire, but just because something can be done does not mean that it should be done and these games are beyond the pale. The developers who made them should be quite ashamed of themselves.)

Oh that is definitely pushing it haha. Twilight Princess, while I can agree it is the worst Zelda game, is definitely not one of the worst games of all time. There were an abundance of quality things about that game and I do not know if it is just the nostalgic child in me that thinks this post is blasphemous or if it's just my gamer senses tingling.

Yeah, it definitely is fun to play bad fighting games with friends, especially if they are all fighting players. We always get some awful Z-grade Mortal Kombat offshoot and have fun completely breaking the system :D

For me it would have to be Dead Island. That game had terribly repetitive game play. It got stale after 10 minutes.

For me it would have to be Dead Island. That game had terribly repetitive game play. It got stale after 10 minutes.
I certainly agree that Dead Island did get repetitive rather quickly and then became pretty uninteresting which took a fair amount of the fun out of the game. Still, I'd much rather play Dead Island on an endless loop than either ET or Shaq Fu!