Wired 360 controller & PC gaming?

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
I have a few questions about this subject. I've recently gotten into PC gaming (FEAR, The Movies, Path of Neo, etc.), but I don't like using a keyboard and mouse (especially in FEAR & PoN). I remember reading about how gamers can use a wired 360 controller for PC gaming and I wanted to know if anyone knows how to do this. I would be shocked if I could just plug it in and have it work. Am I supposed to download something? Is it easy to program the controls to a controller? And lastly, can I use a controller with any PC game I want? Thanks.

Ok, here goes. All you need to do is download the driver from the Microsoft website. Techgage has a direct link to the download. There is also a wired 360 controller specifically made for Windows XP, it comes with its own drivers to install and costs roughly $44.99.

As for which games are compatible with controllers, that information would be printed on the game box.

For those people without a 360, they have drivers for the original XBOX controllers as well- just Google it. I bought a USB adapter for the old controller for $5 online years ago and used the 'Box controller to play Halo on my PC. :cookiemon

I got my wired controller to work with FEAR yesterday. It was really easy, but I just wish I could assign commands to every button (i.e. each direction on the d-pad, the right trigger, & the dashboard button). I'm so happy I don't have to use the keyboard and mouse anymore.

I don't know what all the PC people are talking about, I'll take a controller over a k&m anytime. Maybe it's because I've never reallly been into PC gaming before. All I've ever known is the controller so that's what I prefer.

No, trust me, i feel it is easier with a controller as well....True you don't have as many buttons....But if i have to sacrifice a couple of options, i will......I saw the one that is "labeled" for the PC and i think it runs close to $60.......If a person has a 360 already, why would they spend another chunk of change for a PC 360 controller??.....MICROSOFT-"WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?" :pessimist

Then there's the wonderful thing of IF you are going to play games like Elder Scrolls IV on either the 360 or PC, then you'll have to have a pretty kickin PC to swing like the 360. Real big swingin' at the knees action.

However, someone told me earlier today that once they release the same video card PS3 will have to the general PC market, that PC's will catch up and surpass the 360 easily. He tried to tell me how all these upgrades within the next year or two would blow it away. Then I asked him how much it will cost vs. a 360.

I win.