• HOT

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • NOT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JNJ

Registered
Dec 23, 2006
Have you bought the Nintendo wii console?
Whats the console and the games like have you experienced any problems?
Is it living up to all the hype and worth the wait?

Attachments

• Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 41
I haven't bought one as I haven't had the chance to get my hands on one. If I could, I think I'd definitely grab myself one. It seems like the ultimate gaming experience, such an unique idea that Nintendo had.

I'm locking this thread because you said "Wii" in place of "we." That's very annoying.

And it's almost neat that Nintendo is viral marketing on us. Almost.

why did you lock this thread??

pay no mind to our community troll....Spuds....He just found out that Santa isn't bringing him a Wii for Christmas....continue to post, if you want.......and yeah, who else has a Wii and is it REALLY up to the hype??......I'm asking for the same reason JNJ is asking

I have a Wii and so far Im really enjoying it. I have mostly been playing Excite Truck, Wii Sports, Madden 2k7, Red Steel and Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. First of all Excite Truck is a blast. At first it feels a little wierd holding the remote and steering but after one race it feels really good and far surpasses using a joystick IMO. The game is a very fun arcade racer. Wii sports is AMAZING. This is a great social game. It is an absolute blast to have some friends over and bowl a few matches or have a few rounds of boxing. Madden 2k7 has all the features of the 360 version but must worst graphics. I felt like they did a very good job on the controls and honestly prefer the Wii version over 360 (this is coming from a more casual madden player though so take that as you will). I personally am a little disappointed with Monkey ball so far. There are 50 mini games but a lot of them from what I have played are pretty mediocre. The single player also hasnt been as tough as what I remeber 1 and 2 being on GCN. I havent beaten it yet though so maybe it will get harder? Over all Im really enjoying it. I do not see it as a replacement for a Xbox 360 or a Ps3 but a great addition.

I'm looking forward to camping out a Best Buy this weekend for a Wii. All I've found so far is a stray Nunchaku, so at least my left hand can hold the future.

Played Wii by my friend today. Red Steel is pretty good, especially the sword fighting.
And I saw him play Rayman. Looks fun too.

wii

i have owned a wii since launch and have since then been able to play atleast a small amount of all the games i was interested in at launch, and i have to say that the launch line up for wii is probably one of the most impressive set of games for a launch that have seen. Zelda could very well end up being the best game on the wii for the next couple years, but other games have impressed me as well. everyone should play Trauma Center, it is different, addictive, and fun. Rayman is one of the funniest games in existence (even though it does lack many simultaneously multiplayer minigames. Red Steel has decent gameplay and gets me excited for Red Steel 2. Super Monkey Ball's mechanics work well with some fun new levels. Elebits is an interesting game that will suck you in once you've given it a fair chance. Excite Truck is mindless ramp roaring fun. Madden takes an old game style and makes it feel completely new, And as I play more and more of these games I find myself wanting to try games such as Ice Age or Chicken Little to see if the Wii has made respectable games out animated movies