whats the plot for the halo movie?

Grantastic75

Registered
Jan 18, 2006
whats going to be the plot for the halo movie?

im getting kind of worried about this whole video games being turned into movie idea, it was like final fantasy, DOOM, and even a disney movie of Mario!(which by the way wasnt half bad is i remember correctly)

any way, if the halo movie does procede with what its planing, i have a Theory, that from what ive heard that it might do well, considering all the fans ( and peter jackson being a producer, but hey he's only a producer) that will be seeing a LOT more video game movies.

but really Bungie is doing a good job with keeping the plot quiet to the public, so theres also the question, " IS IT GOING TO SUCK LIKE FINAL FANTASY?" ive never seen the final fantasy movie so correct me if im wrong. but really lets get to the point. the question of, "will there be computar generated aliens or guys in rubber suits like DOOM, is a factor, and a personal question of " WILL THERE BE THE FLOOD?"

all i hope is that they dont kill the series, i dont want halo3 killed just because of a bad movie, and im hopeing its going to be a good movie, but my hopes arn't very high.

The plot is supposedly following the first book in the Halo novel series, The Fall of Reach. If you havent read all 3 novels i suggest do so as they are VERY well done. Some of the best sci-fi reading i have ever had the pleasure of enjoying.

As for the actual movie, I think we can expect good things. I mean Halo is a phenomenon(spell check) and with people like Peter Jackson on board for the production, I dont think we can expect half-assing

no ive read all three books and i own them but from what you said, its just the fall of reach just in a movie form. well then that should explain if master chief is white or black, because i allways have questioned his race.

He'll be someone cool. It'll probably be decided by which actor they can get for the part. One of the prime candidates is probably the Rock. I don't want him to be. I don't think Master Chief has that cockiness. He always struck me as kind of a quiet dude that just gets down to business, kinda like Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings series. I wouldn't recommend the same actor, but just that kind of personality.

He needs to have a slightly gravelly voice too.

I am in full agreement that the guy who does the voice of master chief in the game should do it in the movie. Assuming he isn't fat and ugly and completely untalented, it would make the whole movie seem mroe realistic (aka closer to the game).

BTW- Does anyone else want to take a bet on whether or not there is a sweet scene of the pin falling in the gym scene in fall of reach? Cause I bet there is. If you don't know what I am talking about, go read Fall of Reach and get back to me.

I started reading that book on friday and I'm almost done with it. That book is amazing, it's going to be hard to decide if that book is going to be my new favorite book or not...hmm. Well they'll probaly put that seen in cause it was sweet.

Grantastic75 said:
no ive read all three books and i own them but from what you said, its just the fall of reach just in a movie form. well then that should explain if master chief is white or black, because i allways have questioned his race.
now i didnt read the book but they did give clues to him being white.... hes a redneck.... i will have to find the book and look for the character clues but im more the certain they made it rather clear he was white... and bungie knows if hes black everyone will hate him...!

Zeromonkey said:
now i didnt read the book but they did give clues to him being white.... hes a redneck.... i will have to find the book and look for the character clues but im more the certain they made it rather clear he was white... and bungie knows if hes black everyone will hate him...!
Whoa...racist.

They gonna pull a Metriod and it gonna be a Woman. that would be totaly insane. But who care what the plot is or if it's gonna suck. We are all gonna go see the movei so start paying up. Fools We only got one more year.

I dont think they should show him at all. Part of the alure of the game was not know who he was almost alwing you to see your self as him, if they show his face i think that will ruin that aspect of the game.

But you know the bad thing. They will probably do it just cuz. Fore reasons being they will have to make the movie for Non-Halo addicts or ppl who know nothing about halo......And yes the are out there. The thing is The have to tell a Story It can't be like the game. Movies are made for the public and so in turn they tend to screw up or piss a lot of ppl of.

yeah but you dont have to show HIS face, mabie the guy who hes cloned from, but not his face.

Good point that is what they should and probably do. Plus they didn't show V's face in V for Vendetta so they can pull it of in Halo. Or when they go to show it they show it from a distance with a slight blur.

who knows it might be Agent Smith Again he was V after all.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
They gonna pull a Metriod and it gonna be a Woman. that would be totaly insane. But who care what the plot is or if it's gonna suck. We are all gonna go see the movei so start paying up. Fools We only got one more year.

It's definetly not going to be a woman cause master chief's name is John.