What makes a person a gamer?

Emsiness

Registered
Sep 28, 2018
I'm in the process of calling myself a "gamer" because I'm find of games but I'm not that devoted to playing games everyday or every hour. What makes you a gamer? Does it because you play games 4-8 hours a day? you know a lot of pc and mobile games? you know the latest games? you'll play a game in exchange of cash? what is it that you possess that makes you a gamer?

I guess I am gamer because I spent lots of hours playing. I was addicted with it. All I want is to play. I come to a point of skipping classes just to play games. It does affect my behavior. I was very unproductive. I always adapt a saying "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" that's why I play all the time. But, as I mature and earn illness. I learned to take control and make my life valuable as it should be. Use the time wisely. Have fun and never get hooked.

I think you can be a gamer even if you're new to it. There are beginners and experienced gamers. I'm probably somewhere in the middle because I've played some games. But not to the point that I'm anywhere near expert level. So as long as you're passionate about gaming and continue to learn from experience, you're probably a gamer at heart. :D

I think you are a gamer if you always discover new games, you play the games and share it with others. Also if you spend hours of playing everyday and get high scores.

A good gamer is a combination of all you have listed especially those that can play games for hours and become addictive like me.I love to play all sort of games consoles, PC, videogames, mobile both for cash and for free.

I’d say that a gamer is someone who takes playing video games from just a hobby to a full-blown lifestyle.

You’ve got casual gamers who might play a video game or two during the weekends, but that’s about the extent to which their experience goes.

Then you have gamers who play a couple of hours throughout the week or whenever they happen to have the time.

But then there is the gamer, the person with video game-related action figures stacked around the room, posters hung on the walls, and makes their life pretty much revolve around all things video games. That is what I’d consider to be a true gamer.

I think a Gamer is someone who plays at least for four hours every day and has knowledge of the latest games and even the vintage ones. I Gamer is also someone who is into collecting gaming consoles and other paraphernalia used as memorabilia of his or her favorite games to play. Likewise, he or she also interacts with other co-players in the gaming society to enjoy and have fun. This person also invests much of his time, money and efforts in succeeding in all his games.

Well according to Wikipedia, simply playing a game makes you a gamer. In my own definition, a gamer is a person who keeps up with new games in their preferred genre, puts money into games, gaming systems, GPUs and RAM, etc. Also, a person who is "knowledgeable" about the game that they play and put their time into it can be considered a gamer.

Being a gamer is not about spending hours playing popular games (sometimes just because you are bored) and/or being competitive for the sake of reaching better rank or 1st place in some game.

Playing variety of games, really enjoying and following the story, exploring offline and trying to be better each day in online games, being interested in game development in general and treating them not just as a hobby but as an art form is in my opinion what makes one person a gamer.

I heard somewhere that "a true gamer plays from the heart" which i think is correct. :)

A good gamer is one that loves to play games all the time and buy games to play especially the current ones and even try to update the old ones to meet the current standard.Infact a good gamer knows so much about the games.

If you play a game, then you can call yourself a gamer, you just need to put everything on that game for you to become the best.

A gamer for me is someone who lives and breathes gaming. They attend gaming conferences, know all the best games, know all the loopholes. They wait in anticipation for the newest editions of games or new games and subscribe to gaming sites etc. Let's not forget they would rather play a game than do anything else in their spare time :)

You can be called a gamer when your eyes are stuck on the screen your ears are shut to any kind of noise BESIDES the sound of your game and keep thinking of that game even you played it after many hours. I’ve did alot of things that I’m ashamed of like being locked out of the house because i was out in the arcade yeah that’s right I’ve been locked out because of being a gamer. When you strategize and think of things when you are sleeping owww!And NOT WANTING TO LOSE that’s the time when you can be called a gamer.