The Movies?

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
Has anyone played this game? I was thinking about getting it, but I wanted to ask someone who has played it if it's possible to really make little movies how ever you want, or is it too restrictive for that kind of thing?

I have it - it's pretty fun. A lot of it (especially early on) is sort of sim-city-ish. You're building up a movie studio - so placing buildings and sidewalks, etc. Once you get a particular type of script writing office, you can write custom movies. The way this works is there are different pre-set sequences you can do, like "cigarette death" or "enter talking". Most scenes let you adjust them somewhat for variation - like if there's a scene of two people arguing, you can change the prop one is holding, and you can adjust the second person's reaction to the accusation - apology, anger, etc, etc. Also, you can adjust costumes and all kinds of things. I had a really fun time with it. Sometimes I make the movies in detail and others, I just pick some unique sets and actions and throw together somethign that doesn't make sense at all (but adds to my studios' rankings). Usually, I let the game auto-pick a title for my movie and auto-name my characters, then I build my silly movie around it. Like one of my best is "Daddy Sugar" about gay cowboys. It's an epic. ;-)

I'm sure all the critics said it was great cuz they didn't wanna seem like homophobes like with Brokeback Mountain. :hissyfit:

They still aren't as bad as those video game critics, though.

BCampbell said:
Yeah, it couldn't possibly be that Brokeback was actually a good film. It's all some lefty conspiracy!

Stop making stupid accusations that I'm "OMGTEHGOP!!!!"

It's beginning to annoy me.

Yeah, because I made all those "I love Bush" and "Kerry is the Devil" threads. You just HAD to bring those up didn't you?