Team Fortress 2 has a Christmas Update!

Squigly

Undead Gamer
Registered
Nov 10, 2014
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=15304

You get a smissmas stocking filled with goodies just for logging into the game! Also, we finally get a capture-the-flag gamemode beta. Overall it's a really great Christmas present from Valve, many people have been feeling that the game has not been seeing much updates lately

That sounds lovely and I hope that it's not an update that brings along even more purchasable content. I feel like most of the new features they add have to be paid for in order to play them. The game is free and all, but it's just too much for me, especially since I bought the game back when it was at full price.

Sweet! I haven't checked up on Team Fortress 2 in a while now, and I guess I'll get back into it because of this. Can't miss this bag of goodies! It's actually pretty impressive that Valve is still working on and releasing updates for this game, considering how old it is (what, like 7 years now?) and that the community is still going strong.

Yes I know! The annual Smissmiss update is finally here! It was pretty big two, it contained the usual festive reskins, some much needed weapon balancing, new weapons, and a new gamemode! I have tried the weapons and they are okay, nothing too special. The new gamemode I actually haven't gotten around to play, but it has grappling hooks!

That's certainly very nice of Valve but... is TF2 still active? Or rather, how active is it?

It's cool that they did this still though.

Team Fortress Two is actually doing better than ever, while the community may not be as big as CS or Dota, its definitely growing. Valve is doing a great job as usual, at times the communication between the community and Valve is lax but its understandable. You should come around and play some time, we'd be glad to have you!