Super Nintendo

Al007

Registered
Nov 13, 2014
I love everything about the Super Nintendo. I love the controllers and all of the games. Their are so many great games. My favorite game was "The Mask." It was a game based on the movie with Jim Carey. You have to go through different levels and beat bosses. That game was awesome. I also liked the fighting games to. I loved playing the "Mortal Kombat" games. The original is the best.

Another thing I liked about the system was that it was easy to clean the game. This was before discs were used and they just had cartridges. All you had to do was blow on the inside of the game and it was clean. you didn't have to worry about scratching it. I love that gaming system.

I was always a sega man myself. But when the SNES hit the scene I was lying to myself that the Genesis would prevail.

SNES did make it's mark and surpassed the Genesis in every which way possible. Star Fox and Diddy Kong were bench mark games that was cutting edge of it's time.

I preferred the Sega Genesis a lot more and at the time all my friends were more hooked on the SNES possibly because they have already fell in love I the brand after e original one made so much of a mark. I liked Sega a lot better for the graphics and the games but I did enjoy playing with my friends on their SNES.

I love the Super Mario world games, I grew up with some newer games, like new super mario bros DS, though I still find myself often these days playing those older games, because there where so simple and still that much fun. Also, when you'd compare the original mario bros with the SNES mario world, you'll notice nintendo really made a lot of progress in the SNES game.

I remember many games from that console. It was definitely a lot better than the first Nintendo. "Super Mario World" was one of the best. It had all three of the "Super Mario" games together. "Donkey Kong Country" started on this console too. It was the first "good graphics" games I remember. "Rage" was another cool game. It was sort of like "Rampage", with giant Godzilla-like monsters. But on this game it was just players fighting one another.

Reactions: Tycoonie259
I remember many games from that console. It was definitely a lot better than the first Nintendo. "Super Mario World" was one of the best. It had all three of the "Super Mario" games together. "Donkey Kong Country" started on this console too. It was the first "good graphics" games I remember. "Rage" was another cool game. It was sort of like "Rampage", with giant Godzilla-like monsters. But on this game it was just players fighting one another.

Yeah, donkey kong country, what a game haha. Those high graphics where the real deal when it was released, which is actually amazing if you think about how good the graphics are now, and how fast they got better. I sometimes play donkey kong country on my emulator now and then (raspberry pi + SNES emu + SNES USB controller :D ) .

The peak gaming years of my youth began late in the NES era and ended well into the PS era, when I then fell out of gaming for a lengthy spell to concentrate on my studies. As such, my favourite console--the one that played the greatest role in my youth and the one that I have the fondest memories of--is the SNES!

During my youth, Super Metroid was my favourite SNES game. However, looking back at this phenomenal console's library: I can only say that Super Metroid was one of the best SNES games, but not the greatest SNES game!

My vote for the all-time greatest SNES game is, in fact: Chrono Trigger! In fact, I consider Chrono Trigger to be the greatest Square RPG of all time! There are other RPGs with epic stories that include multiple surprising twists and affords multiple alternate endings, side quests, extra playable characters, etc--but I'm hard pressed to think of another game that spans so many multiple disparate chronological eras, thereby blending together several sub-genres within the broader fantasy and science-fiction umbrella, and incorporates powerful, novel, and down-right fun cause-and-effect time travel scenarios! Moreover, Chrono Trigger had a fantastically varied combat system that allowed your party to grow together and not separately, learning special character specific team-work moves!

Other excellent SNES games that I also loved-to-death include Super Castlevania IV, Star Fox, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country 1-3, Final Fantasy III (which was really Final Fantasy VI), Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, Megaman 7, Megaman X1-X3, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time!