Steam Trading Cards

Skuttie

Registered
Nov 15, 2014
What do you think of Steam trading cards?

I think they're pretty neat, especially when they net a bit of extra spending money, but I don't really let the fact they exist affect which games I buy or anything.

I've wasted loads of money crafting card badges haha. It can be a gamble at times just like unboxing crates in TF2, CS:GO and DotA 2 since you can actually make money off expensive, rare backgrounds and emoticons. At the very least you gain some xp towards your Steam profile level which allows for neat customizations and showcases.

I used to love them when they first came out and not available to everyone. People were spending a lot of money crafting badges and the like. You could easily sell just about any card for $.50. Now though that its out of beta and everyone is earning cards and selling them its lucky if you get more than $.10.

Foils still sell for over a dollar for some games, tho I haven't gotten a foil in a while now. And the occasional booster is nice, a bit of free change for getting all the cards in a game every once in a while.

I think it's a neat concept and I'm glad to see people enjoy it. Personally I've never really invested any time or money into the card system or really paid much attention to it.

I think it's a neat concept and I'm glad to see people enjoy it. Personally I've never really invested any time or money into the card system or really paid much attention to it.
Even if you're not invested into it consider just listing them on the community market. It could translate into a few dollars, which could get you that game on sale or at least some DLC.

To me, the Trading Card system is mostly just a way for me to get some change on my steam wall. Every now and then there is one I absolutely like and I will keep, but otherwise I won't keep them. There just isn't any point for me - I'm not interested in "improving" my profile page. I just want to play, and that change might proof (and already did) enough to buy something every now and then.

Which is great. Those who do want to craft them can buy them from me. Win-win for everybody (I just wish they paid more).