Steam sale steals?

Grizz

Registered
Nov 6, 2014
new york state.
Its that time again, and im already like $60 poorer.

im still waiting for DB Xenoverse to go down a bit.

anyone else have some good times?

hold your breath. Steam has a weird habit of not dropped that much in sales recently--doubly so for popular games. Xenoverse was unexpectedly popular, good, and well received, so don't expect to get it for a song any time soon. They are going to try and milk that for as long as humanly possible.

My boyfriend just sent me LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes as a random gift today! I know it's not that related to the main topic but I just wanted to share my elation because I'm so excited to play it. :D Anyway, just the other day I downloaded Amnesia: The Dark Descent for free. When I really really want to download something from my wishlist I just try to wait (impatiently, if I may add) for its price to go down since I don't have much game funds at the moment. So yep, checking Steam everyday for sales is the way to go.

Steam has some awesome sales, and I think their sales are beaten only by those over at Good Old Games. But those games might not be everyones cup of tea, since they are mostly older. I have grabbed some nice games on Steam sales, and even a few free ones, like Portal, which was free for 1 day a couple of years ago. :D

if you aren't already, use isthereanyedeal.com . Its collects all the current sales, giveaways, bundles and whatever into one site. You can feed it your steam wishlist, and it'll email you when it goes on sale anywhere.

its a little tricky to set it up nicely, so it doesn't flood your inbox (tip is, use the daily digest newsletter mode, it'll roll up any deals into a single email.)

https://isthereanydeal.com/

Great info on that one. Good thing there is a site that collects all potential sales and offers on the web and display it to you. That way you don`t have to search around for potentially cheap games and sales. I will check it out for sure.

I reckon some games do go down but, not by much and I usually wait for specials for games like from $12 dollars to $3.50 or less which does happen sometimes and if the game is good, then I am willing to spend a few dollars more like for Saints row 4 which was $4.85 on special. It is good to see deals on games and new ones don't usually go on special until a few months, to a year sometimes and can take time to wait for the games which will go on special. I think that it is interesting to see what games are on special like sometimes there are some real old ones, and even horror ones like the Penumbra games which were on special and got the Amnesia horror game which was free.