Smackdown vs. Raw

Darth_Jonas

Future Emperor
Registered
Nov 16, 2005
right behind you
Ok, so I'm heading to the store today to cash in my NFS game and grabbing Smackdown vs. Raw. It's been years since I've owned a good wrestling game and it's time.

Look out Asylum. Jonas will rise again!

Just Bring It Biotch!!!....Yeah, i plan on picking it up this weekend.....Now, if only you could get Internet at your house, we could play each other....Until then, i'll have to practice up and wait til you come back down to NC to visit

Ok, I've got the game. There are a few annoying points with it (lots of load time even for the 360, and it seems you recover slowly after being knocked down), but it is enjoyable. I hate some of the music, but if you change it to your own soundtrack, it changes all of the music, including the entrance themes. The graphics are pretty sweet, but not what the next gen is capable of doing. Also, the new way of selecting moves seems to be good. I just have to adjust to it and I'll be snapping ankles and necks in no time.

Yeah, i just picked it up last night.....The graphics are very good, at least they are on my HDTV....As for the loading times Jonas, these are classic of any Smackdown vs. Raw game....At least there are no loading times at the beginning of the match....which you find many of times in any wrestling title....The presentation was done very well.....I mean, if you wanna be a technical wrestler, there are plenty of moves to pull off.....But if you're like me, you like to inflict mad damage and there are plenty of things to do to your opponent to make them bleed....As for the recovering slow part, if you keep an eye on your momentum, you shouldn't have that much trouble getting up.....But hey, those are just my opinions so far of the game....It is definitely something any wrestling or violence fans should pick up.....And Jonas, there will be no breaking ankles when we face, just you picking your ass off the floor...hahaha

Last edited:
If I can get the upper hand on most opponents, there is no recovering for them. However, I'm playing through the season mode as Chris Benoit (who is just ruthless) and I ran into a match that I can't win. Part of the storyline pits you against Kane just before Wrestlemania where you'll face the Undertaker. Kane's match is in the parking lot and is a KO match. I beat the ever-lovin' daylights out of him. I mean, I slammed him into cars, a garbage truck, slammed his leg in a car door, and threw him into every vehicle there. I then picked up a wheel and proceeded to abuse him mercilessly. I had every body part in the darkest part of red they can go. And I still lost. He gets up and choke slams me once and I'm out. Of course this is part of the story and I have to fight him again and then make the fight with the Taker a special one. But I was ticked.

Look out Asylum! He lives! My boy has been reborn into the new world of WWE and he is one tough SOB. There are sooooooo many moves, and customizations that it took me two hours just to get Jonas to perfection. The entrance customizations are cool (that took a while). I only wish it would allow me to import music to use as my character's theme. I'm going to have to get some portable memory so I can bring him down to NC for a little meeting with Jackazz.

yeah, don't feel bad Jonas....the same thing happened to me when i was facing Big Show....he reversed one move into a Choke Slam and pinned me.......Pure Robbery, i tell ya!!.....But anyhoo, i got a chance to play a few matches online and it was fun as hell.....Me and Tripp, my bro for people that don't know, have been playing other tag teams online and it has been a blast.....But yeah, bring that behemoth down to NC so he can get the Smack Down!!!

You can join the fun too, Spuds. In fact, anyone who wants to join in a match or twelve can join. What we'll do is announce when Asylum and I will be online. Join us and we'll show you what happens when the Horsemen come to town.

Ok. For those who are looking for tips on this game: When playing through as your own created player I'm sure you realized that the harder the match, the more experience you get. If you're like me, there is little chance you'll beat it on Legend this early in game play. BUT, if you have a tag-team match, set it to Legend just before you go to that particular match. The match always starts with you in the ring, so hit your opponent quick and tag your partner in. Now spend the match slipping in and out of the ring to sucker-punch your opponent and break their holds when they get the upper hand. You'll also need to keep their partner busy outside the ring, but be careful, if they get riled, you'll get your tail spanked by a Legend-level superstar. Another option is to get the legal opponent outside of the ring, keep your legal guy IN the ring and keep their guy busy until the count out. You get tons more experience .