Shadow of the Colossus

the_roach

Narrative Cosmotect
Registered
Oct 6, 2005
The Great Valley
We have less than a week. Anyone pumped to experience this title? I haven't played the demo nor did I really want to, but from what I've seen in video, it looks awesome: scale that defines interactive space.

I am very much looking forward to making the acquaintence of the video production quality contained within this game data. It seems that it will be indefiningly surpasses the content of beforehand games made yesterday and the day before. It pleases me to know this. Have you played the demo presently?

As good a way start a thread as any I guess...

*high fives andre3k*

And no, I haven't played the demo. The last demo I played was probably one that came with the original Playstation. If demos don't just fall in my lap, I don't usually hunt them down.

Anyway, I loved Ico. I say bring on more games of that type.

Shadow of the Colossus has been getting alot of attention. Unfoturnately, that's often a kiss of death for games, especially "innovative" ones. I sometimes wonder if part of the greatness of games like Ico is that they were underappreciated. Hopefully, SotC lives up to it, I'll definately be renting it at least... check us for a review.

I'll be the first to admit that Ico's gameplay isn't its strong point. That's not why I liked it. Or maybe it is--at least the lack of focus on combat. I've been waiting for games to figure out ways to be enjoyable or meaningful without resorting to cutting, shooting or blowing up things. Of course I like Halo. Of course there's something fun about jacking your favorite sports car in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and cruising 'til the wheels fall off. Of course. Now give me something else. EOR.

puzzle adventure, sweet game, shadow of the colossus seems great, but I read a preview that says it sometimes takes about 30 minutes to find one of the colossus, colossie, whatever, sounds like wind waker but that didn't stop me so it shouldn't this time

The PlayStation 2 is the one system I don't have at this time.

Now I wish I did have it. :down: :yikes: :boggled: But yes, it looks pretty awesome. When I first saw screenshots, I was like: we gotta kill THAT?!?!? With a sword and bow? We might as well be using screwdrivers. And that appealed to me right away.

But if anyone has a spare PS2 they can send me... :biggrin:

Last I checked, SotC had a 9.1 at metacritic. That's higher than I thought the average would be from established game journalists. I thought they would take greater issue with the game design. Anyway, I should be getting a copy tomorrow. I'll have to play it in a borrowed PS2 at the moment because, well, mine's been dead for a while now. (For the record, none of my Nintendo products have ever died. I'm convinced they're indestructible.)

Mav: Ico is an adventure game, focusing more on puzzle-platforming than combat.

The game definately looks really interesting. And since ICO was a pretty cool game, I can't see why I wouldn't play SotC.

Allllright. Just got through playing it and beating the first Colossus. It's hard not to sound enthusiastic with your first hands-on with the finished game because you haven't ever "seen" this game before. Wow. More later (maybe in my journal so I don't spoil or dampen the experience for regular board readers).

Sotc

So far, this game has done nothing but impress me. It is fun, it has a great story, and the graphics/setting are absolutely beautiful. Every single battle with a colussus is incredible, and each one manages to top itself. The game is definitely worth the money!

PS- The music in the game is fuly orchestrated and awesome. It really is like playing in a movie.