PC vs console

madetofly

Registered
Mar 12, 2016
I always prefer to play games on PC, the graphics are better and it's a more immersive experience. But I have a Xbox, and when my friends come visit me, we usually use the console to play games. When it comes to gaming alone, I prefer the PC, but when I'm not alone I prefer using the console.

I see where you're coming from- with more than one person, it is definitely easier to play on a console. I've found that there are certain game styles that I would rather play on console- like racing games. Unless you have a controller hooked up to your computer (which I don't) I think racing games kind of suck on PC. On the other hand, RPGs and other games like that I would much rather play on PC.

I prefer PC. I do agree that console is better when it comes to playing with a group friends, but my friend and I will use a PC when we want to play together. If we want to play FIFA or racing game, we plug in the HDMI cable from the TV to a laptop and then we can play with a laptop using a TV screen. I also prefer PC because you can modify or upgrade certain hardware if you want to play a game with high requirements, not ending up buying a new console because it's a 'console exclusive'.

I don't like consoles because they're divisive. The more companies and devices we have the less able we will be to play the games we want. I really think PC is the only solution. With that said, handheld consoles are an exception because they provide a rather unique experience because you're not restricted by space and place.

I already have a PC. So I might as well get games for it and save the $400. Unless there is an exclusive that I have to get or I want to play over the net and against other gamers on the PS$ and XBOX.

I really don't see the point in spending the money and then in a few years having to upgrade to the next generation system.

I grew up playing on the PC with a mouse and keyboard since my parents did not buy me any console (aside from the PSP), so I enjoy P gaming more as I'm familiar with it and I'm in love with genres that are not available in consoles, such as MOBAs and RTS games.

I am quite a tech savvy person. I prefer PC. you can customize your hardware anytime and can get better quality that what you can get on a console. Also I like the fact that you don't have to spend a lot just for you to play the game you want to play, you can start with average PC and then just upgrade it along the way. You can Also buy your self a console controller for your PC which is kinda awkward if you do the other way around on the game console, I mean set a keyboard and mouse for your game console? There's a lot of games out there that is more fun to play using keyboard and a mouse.

Really balanced article - great job. There is one thing I disagree with which you might like to update: getting controllers to work on a PC is a breeze. Getting a Microsoft dongle and connecting 4 Xbox controllers is basically plug and play, and (whilst I haven't tried it) it seems like the PlayStation controllers are another brand that's supported by valve's steam - who on top of this have released a stunning controller (though it's not for everyone.) Steam's big picture offers the ability to remap any normal input to any button of any controller, allowing you to configure any brand to any layout you prefer. Definitely not more trouble than its worth on that front.

As for pc coop games, it's slowly on the rise - but consoles definitely have a wider selection for now.

I started as a very young gamer before we only have console game, and personal computer wasn't really a thing that time, my first console is a Nintendo Entertainment System or that time they call it NES, when I started pc games the console games were really in a big demand and nobody really cares that much about pc gaming. but I guess I find pc gaming more fun because I met a lot of people online, who I think I would never ever meet in my entire life If haven't played pc games, plus it's kinda expensive that you already bought the console but also need to buy the game. well It also goes the same way with pc games but if your crafty enough you will be able to download games for free.

I have them both and they have their own contribution in terms of gaming. But i just prefer PC because of its diversity. A computer is very flexible when it comes to games because of its power, you can basically play any game on a computer just as long as you have the requirements

Reactions: Jayson
I like consoles for gaming cause that's what I'm accustomed to. However, though, I also like 3D art creation - and that requires a powerful gaming computer, even though no gaming is done. So anyway, I want a gaming computer for that reason, but there's the price!

I like to play to use console to play games since I play mostly with my friends but alone I use the PC.The graphics of games are way better with a PC though.

I enjoy playing videogames on console than with PC.
I have a PlayStation 4 and an Xbox series X which I use for most of my video gaming activities.

I always prefer to play games on PC, the graphics are better and it's a more immersive experience. But I have a Xbox, and when my friends come visit me, we usually use the console to play games. When it comes to gaming alone, I prefer the PC, but when I'm not alone I prefer using the console.
I like playing my video games on consoles. I have played on Playstation consoles and Xbox Series X console.

I have my Nintendo Switch console too and I enjoy playing on video games on it too. My PC isn't well built for gaming.

It really depends on the game as to what I would prefer to play. For games such as shooters and battle royale games, I prefer to play on Xbox, and for games such as House Flipper. PowerWash Simulator I prefer to use my PC. I don't mind trying games if I have an interest in them and they are only on say steam. For example, I have tried World Boss which is only on steam at the moment.

I love playing on PC more than I do with consoles. But after buying Playstation 5, my love shifted to playing more on PS5. I still play some games like The Witcher on my PC.