Nintendo's Wii Price?

sdman135

Registered
Apr 25, 2006
NYC Harlem
"In an announcement earlier today, Nintendo released further information on the Wii launch. A final release date is still unknown, but a statement was made referring to the launch price point. The announcement stated that the system's price "would not exceed $250", though it didn't officially confirm $250 to be the final price." quoted from IGN.
If its's $200 i think even the most non gamers that have a few extra hours to spare would by it, cuz its so much cheaper then it's competitors. And it would make nintendo, once again, a household name; even more so now then ever.

Wow if the Wii is only $200 then I would definately buy one, but I have one question. If the Wii is already at a low price, will the price ever drop in time?

This is an absolutely genius price point on Nintendo's part. Finally, a strong strategy to get Nintendo back into a position of power in the console gaming market. I can't imagine too many people passing up on the system with that type of price point, especially if Nintendo seeks to correct the woes that plagued the Gamecube, namely third party support and more games tailored towards wider audiences (i.e. games like Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, and Eternal Darkness). I think the sheer fact that so many people are becoming increasingly more curious just to try and feel what the gameplay is like is encouraging for Nintendo.

A low cost doesn't make up for a lack of interest, and really, that's what Nintendo is facing. The Cube had such a pathetic lack of interest that people are more than willing to look over a $60 price tag, and slews of awesome games that cost under $10. The problem is that nobody really cares about Nintendo anymore, and I dunno if the Wii can make up for that. I'm getting one, but really, the Wii is getting alot of hype right now, and that isn't unanimous among everyone.

Ninja_Bee said:
more games tailored towards wider audiences (i.e. games like Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime, and Eternal Darkness).
You've got it backwards NB. Those games are targetting a limited audience (core gamers). It's games like Wii Sports and Wii Music and Trauma Center that are targetting a wide audience. If Nintendo succeeds at getting a lot of non-gamers to play Wii, then they'll sell a lot more of those types of games than they will of the ones you mentioned.

This just in!

Famitsu has reported that Nintendo has set the Japanese price of Wii at 250,000 Yen (US$222).

I think it's safe to assume that Wii will cost $229 in the States, and likely $259 in Canada.

What makes a number not random? Ask any mathematician or statistician, every number is just as random as the next. I think you're just being argumentative because very few of the people on this forum are getting behind the console you support.