Nintendo Took Over The Holiday

PrinceLUDA21

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Philly
By now everyone knows that You can hardly find a Wii or DS lite. And if you do you are a lucky SOB. Unlike every system that was avalible this past holiday Nintendo was the one thing on everyone's list. DS lites were selling faster than tickets to the super bowl. And every were you looked you also saw the Nintendo Wii's SOLD OUT sign. Do you think nintendo thought that both systems would sell like that or they would be find with what they had. I mean I even saw GBA/SP sell out in some stores in my area. Nintendo owned Microsoft and Sony this holiday hands down. So in this next gn war, Round 1 goes to Nintendo can't wait till round two. MS sould b okay and gain it's pace again, Sony ust have fell at the starting line and now has a twisted ankle.

Dude your wrong. MS started early. Kinda cheated to the start line. All the compeditors were not ready. So the HUGE HEADSTART they had can not count. The rounds don't start till ALL 3 combatants are in the race. Being that MS had a head start, they tried early, and gave NIntendo enough time to cme up and pass them in the end. SO round 1 of the next gen war goes to Nintendo. Sony and MS lost point blank get over it

spudlyff8fan said:
Actually, round 1-4 or so went to Microsoft. We're on round 7 or 8 by now. Nintendo won one of em...

Actually, we were just talking about this holiday season. Which would mean any sales between black friday up until christmas, and nintendo did indeed conquer this holiday season.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
Dude your wrong. MS started early. Kinda cheated to the start line. All the compeditors were not ready. So the HUGE HEADSTART they had can not count. The rounds don't start till ALL 3 combatants are in the race. Being that MS had a head start, they tried early, and gave NIntendo enough time to cme up and pass them in the end. SO round 1 of the next gen war goes to Nintendo. Sony and MS lost point blank get over it
Did you just say that Microsoft fought cheap?

Sorry, but the rounds start when the first guy enters the ring.

And I don't think that the holiday season is long enough to be divided into rounds.

Yes I did. You remeber the rope a dope. It's basic rule. Let th other guy tire out early in the fight. Then BAM you go in for the knockdown. While MS was gaining speed and what not the year before Nintendo just kept moving along and then BAM they came from nowhere and kicked anal cheeks.

And is not the holiday season where you count fight. IS that not what matters the holiday. WHO can control the holiday can control the sales. And MS entered the race first they where the ones to sign up FIRST. And they went against the lesser kids in their final round. Don't forget Peter Moore did state that we will only count system until all three companies are out and a cstomer has a equal right to chose what he/shewants to take home.

AND THE PAST HOLIDAY PEOPLE WANTED THE NINTENDO WII AND NINTENDO DS. So get over it take the lost like a real man.

True, nintendo took over the holidays with the Wii and DS Lite. PS3 couldn't keep up. They still have PS3 sitting in stores. And you always say your not PRO sony, so just give it up and give nintendo its respect. It took over the holiday season 2006.

PrinceLUDA21 said:
And is not the holiday season where you count fight. IS that not what matters the holiday. WHO can control the holiday can control the sales. And MS entered the race first they where the ones to sign up FIRST. And they went against the lesser kids in their final round. Don't forget Peter Moore did state that we will only count system until all three companies are out and a cstomer has a equal right to chose what he/shewants to take home.

Yes nintendo did win out this holiday season, but this is only a small indication of the power nintendo has gained over sony, and it is not a fair indicator of the 360 versus the Wii. The Wii's sales got boosted because it was there launch and all the fanboys (including myself) came out of the woodwork to grab themselves one. The 360's fanboys had long since gotten their systems, so they couldn't help microsoft this holiday season. The true indicator of the leading game system will come next christmas when all systems will be readily available with quality games, and unboosted fanboy sales.

It's a tough season to call for the Wii. Launch is a pretty poor indication of a system's life, though Christmas seems like the only season that matters in the games business.

A better indication is the desperate clamour for the Nintendo DS. With only a couple high profile releases this season, this system has no right to be selling out. The remodel happened a long time ago. The best games may have already been released. The most anticipated titles have been out for a long time. So why, now, is the DS selling out left and right?

Nintendo's doing a great job. And with every product selling at profit, yes, the DS is printing money.

I do not count the Wii as a stand alone. I am counting Nintendo as a whole. And Fanboys grabbed everysystem at launch. FAN"S wait the long lines and try to be the first to get one. Majority of those asking and those hunting for a Wii or DS was not the fans but average gamers or the non-gamers looking into what this Wii is. Not Xbox360 and Not PS3. Kids and the people interested in something different was the reason why Nintendo crushed the past holiday.

Now true the begining is never the end and it's only the start. What I find to be very interesting is what will happen this next holiday. From this point on Xbox has made it self a well known system and even still the price point is a little high (thanks to Wii). But what will happen once Wii, PS3 are avalible for a walk in to just pick one up. 360 had a year head start almost 9million units sold thats 9million people who do not need a 360.

Everything from this point on will be a un-even fight and who knows what will be at the end, what I know is that Nintendo has shown that they can still put up a fight and MS shown that it will not be taken lightly, Sony shown that it is not as powerfull as it thought. But I have them all and no matter what way it gose I will be playing everygame from now until.

I lean more to agreeing with Spuds about the fact that more than one round has been fought. Truthfully, console wars are rarely like a prize fight (one-on-one, ending within a few rounds, and with one getting put out of business until the next fight). It's more like a race, and a Nascar race at that.

The Christmas shopping season is when everyone starts sprinting, but there are many miles to go. Microsoft got an entire year's headstart, thus the race began. When Nintendo and Sony hit the gas, the House that Mario Built took off like a rocket. Sony isn't nearly out of the race, though. They have a huge, powerful machine that started slow, but will gain serious momentum.

Has Microsoft gotten enough of a fan-base to keep them ahead for the duration of this console war? Does Nintendo have anything more to offer us past this initial burst of speed? Will Sony's strength finally show later on in the race and will it be in enough time to pull ahead of the competition? How do you decide the winner: units sold, money made, number of games made, or some mutant combination?

Keep in mind that the start of a race might not have anything to do with who wins.

Darth_Jonas said:
I lean more to agreeing with Spuds about the fact that more than one round has been fought. Truthfully, console wars are rarely like a prize fight (one-on-one, ending within a few rounds, and with one getting put out of business until the next fight). It's more like a race, and a Nascar race at that.

The Christmas shopping season is when everyone starts sprinting, but there are many miles to go. Microsoft got an entire year's headstart, thus the race began. When Nintendo and Sony hit the gas, the House that Mario Built took off like a rocket. Sony isn't nearly out of the race, though. They have a huge, powerful machine that started slow, but will gain serious momentum.

Has Microsoft gotten enough of a fan-base to keep them ahead for the duration of this console war? Does Nintendo have anything more to offer us past this initial burst of speed? Will Sony's strength finally show later on in the race and will it be in enough time to pull ahead of the competition? How do you decide the winner: units sold, money made, number of games made, or some mutant combination?

Keep in mind that the start of a race might not have anything to do with who wins.

I ever said he was wrong about there being rounds in this console war. The fact of the matter is that this holiday season or this holiday round(if you want to call it that) goes to nintendo. I mean no one can even keep them in stock for more then a few mintues or so. Remember the post name was nintendo took over the holiday not the fight. When microsoft stepped in it was swing at air cause no one else was ready to put gloves on, so they won those rounds by default.

thunderking85 said:
I ever said he was wrong about there being rounds in this console war. The fact of the matter is that this holiday season or this holiday round(if you want to call it that) goes to nintendo. I mean no one can even keep them in stock for more then a few mintues or so. Remember the post name was nintendo took over the holiday not the fight. When microsoft stepped in it was swing at air cause no one else was ready to put gloves on, so they won those rounds by default.

Nintendo definitely sold the most systems this season. Does anyone know how many games were sold for each company's console (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo)? And should XBL subscriptions count?

We could count the online gaming sections also. So how bout this. System wise We know that Nintendo came out a head.

So software wise who sold the most games. And to keep it fair only next-gen will count for the holiday buying season. Lest just count from the month of November through Dec. It gives a fair ca=hance for the count to tally.

Also if anyone can find sales numbers for all things Virtual Console, XBL, and PSn-network we can count them as well.

Their that should be valued point. If this is like Nascar then we can't just count The 500.

counting game sales gives a decided advantage to microsoft because the massive amount of systems there are out there to buy for. the only (semi) fair way to compare is by each system's launch sales, and I'm pretty certain nintendo wins there anyway.

Darth_Jonas said:
Nintendo definitely sold the most systems this season. Does anyone know how many games were sold for each company's console (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo)? And should XBL subscriptions count?
1)Actually, I read somewhere that the PS2 ended up beating out everything...but I don't know where it was so don't quote me on it.

2) Yeah, a race would be a better sporting event to compare all this to. Microsoft was running when the gun shot, but Sony and Nintendo were still lacing up their shoes. Or something like that. Either way, Microsoft is a ways ahead of both of em as it stands.

3) I'd have to bet Microsoft ruled the games sales department, followed by Sony. Microsoft had Gears of War. Nuf said. Not to mention how even though the 360 games are more expensive, they still sell the best (usually). The PS2 is the Madden box. The PS2 sold probably 6-8 million copies of Madden 2007. That easily makes them beat Nintendo with that game alone. Nintendo probably came dead last when it comes to games. They didn't have any killer games outside of Zelda, which was being held back by the lack of Wiis and the DS didn't have anything. I doubt that you're going to have Phoenix Wright bridging Nintendo's gap with the competition.