Metal Gear Acid

Mark Mulkeen

Registered
Jan 3, 2015
Thinking back to the PSP, I think Metal Gear Acid was the best game I played on the device. The only ever Metal Gear game I played was second one on Playstation 2. I really like the turn based strategy in Acid though and I think they work great on devices where you can just pick up and play.

In your opinion, what are the best genres that make use of the PSP's design and is there a game that you would recommend in that genre?

I think Dissidia was a perfect handheld game. It had mountains of content, is quick and easy to pick up and ply, and was very fun to boot. Though you do have to be a fan of the series to enjoy it to the fullest extent.

It makes me wish for a Dissidia for the Vita, despite how unlikely that is.

I remember when Metal Gear Acid was coming out and people were making a big deal about it. It was an OK game, but I think the best game I ever played on the PSP had to be SOCOM. I'm not a big fan of multiplayer, but I could play SOCOM's multiplayer all day with no problem.

In your opinion, what are the best genres that make use of the PSP's design and is there a game that you would recommend in that genre?
I play a highly limited number of genres on PSP so I'm not really sure if it's the best genre for it, or if it's just that these genres worked for me. But the portability of handhelds made it easier to play tactical and long-running rpgs for me because PSPs can be setup faster and I can play anywhere rather than just a specific location. When I was young, it was perfect for when I have to travel to my grandparents house because it was a 3 to 4 hours drive so I can grind, level up or complete side-quests while in transit.