Making friends internationally

Huddy

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Boiler Room
Does anyone have any suggestions, or ideas of a phone plan, internet service, or otherwise that allows you to make calls to Canada, and overseas for a decent price?

I have digital phone with Time Warner that's pretty good. $39.99 a month for all across the U.S. Canada might be in there too but I'd have to check on that and the other stuff.

Let me know if you find out, though Time Warner's not available in my area. :(
What I'm really hoping for, is a phone code, like those 5 digit ones that used to be big for saving on long-distance. I know some exist for calling Canada, but I'd really like to find some that cut overseas rates substantially.

Not sure how well this works around here, but: I studied abroad in Australia for six months. They had a great degree of competition in the phone card market where you pay X number of Australian dollars for Y number of minutes. I think the best one worked out to be six cents a minute or something like that. I used those to call the states. Not knowing any internationals, I'm not certain about the domestic phone card market.

part of the problem not the solution

What nobody has two cups and a really long string, how long have you been out of college you elitists!

Well Greg, I've got the cup and string, but you were supposed to swim over there and give them the other side of the contraption!

I think the cheapest way for you to call overseas would be to call collect. Yup... Try it out.. Let me know how well it works:)

How long do you think it will take to swim if I use my waterwings in conjunction with my official AFLAC ducky ring?