Little King's Story

GamerMonkey

Registered
Nov 8, 2014
I believe there is a version available on PSVita as well, but I had and loved the Wii version.

It's a bit like Pikmin with a touch of Lemmings - you control a child king who is trying to achieve world domination and many wives. You do this by assembling a band of workers and going forth into the world to find treasure and defeat the heads of neighbouring kingdoms. You have knights (who fight), Archers, Builders, Farmers (who can dig), along with various others.

The style is ultra cute - your main advisor is a knight who rides a cow - the game play really engaging and has some of the best ideas I've seen in any game (one of the boss fights involves a game of pinball where your opponent is the ball). It's one of those games which did brilliantly critically, but sold poorly.

WiiU is backwards compatible to Wii (as long as you have a Wiimote), so do look out for this one if you've never played it. It's definitely one of my "Need a Sequel Now, Please" games.

Man I really want this game but my gaming budget is so tight this year that I'm still holding out for 20....

Man I really want this game but my gaming budget is so tight this year that I'm still holding out for 20....

Is it expensive where you are, then? Here it's about €10 for a second hand copy and €15 for a new one - a new Wii game usually costs about €35-40 if you shop around. Check your local second-hand shop or ebay because there are plenty of copies floating about.

And forgive me, I don't know what 20 is.