Katamari Damacy

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
You Play This Game Yet?

I finally bought a copy of this game. With the hype surrounding it and the cheap $20 price tag, I figured I can't go wrong.

This game is pretty fun. Very Japanese, but pretty fun. I appreciate the simple game design but addictive qualitity. You are to afraid to buy this game, then you should definately rent it.

It really is a great game. The music is catchy, and the design is probably the simplest and most elegant I've seen in this console generation.

And while the graphics aren't the most textured, in order to accomodate the gameplay, I found them actually quite inventive and enjoyable to look at. I'll recommend it without hesitation.

I like how the soundtrack actually costs more than the game. That's so awesome for reasons I'll never understand.

Post-Mortem

For anybody interested in learning more about Katamari Damacy's development history, check out the December 2004 issue of Game Developer magazine. It contains a post-mortem with the game's director which is a great read, although all of his "negatives" really just come across as personal quirks than actual project killers.

I still haven't gotten this strange game yet, thought it's at the top of my list. Incidentally, that's a nice collection you got goin on there, sack. Nice as in ridiculously gigantic, of course.

Reply to: snifty:
Incidentally, that's a nice collection you got goin on there, sack. Nice as in ridiculously gigantic, of course.

It's a nice way to disarm the babes, too. Nothing screams seduction like a set of ViC-20 game boxes baring their ugly fangs at you.

Holy hell! That is quite a collection. I think I have competion...though I don't have my games listed on here yet. My salutes to you pal!

And by the way Crystalus, I have reviewed both Katamari Damacy and Cheez-its.

Katamari MG official score - 9.4
Cheez-its MG official score - 9.0

It's official! I had to subtract some points for the graphics on Cheez-its...seems they leave a little grease behind when laid on a paper napkin.

Reply to: Wsv771:

Hot damn that's alot of games, lol. If I kept every game ever in my life it might be that big but as soon as I'm done with a game it's gone.

Heh, I admire that kind of simplicity. I happen to come from a long line of packrats, so getting rid of any games gives me shivers in my stomach.