ja ja ja jaded

Keep playing games. If you decide not to, don't become one of those jackasses who looks down on gamers.

well also, consider how many game hours you log into a normal week. if its a lot, maybe you should back off games for awhile. i know i've slowed down since my college days...and my gaming goes in spurts. sometimes you just gotta do some other stuff to allow time for a really cool title to come to the surface (and i dont mean obsess over its previews and await for its release...i just mean do other things)

it will balance out your gaming needs somewhat, i think. i believe gaming is kind of like a drug in some regards. you build up a certain tolerance to gaming goodness and then things just don't impress you as much anymore.

but i'm not saying go do drugs.

Kurruption, have you played any of the games in the Myst series? While I have not played Myst IV Revelation and my dad and I haven't finished Myst III Exile yet, Myst and Riven were two of the best games I have ever played. I just ask because that series is kind of like a breath of fresh air in my opinion. I cannot say enough good things about those two games.

I would reccomend The Curse of Monkey Island. It is my absolute favorite game and it is just so well done. The dialogue is very witty and the graphics are incredible. It's the best 2D stuff, the sequel is in 3D and no where near as good.

Reply to: BCampbell:

Big K, what do you normally play, and what are you looking for? There are tons of offbeat titles out there that are a blast.

Ok ready? here goes.

I'm eclectic as hell, you name it I probably played it. I've been gaming since the days of the nes. Favorite genre is rpg, tried all Final Fantasies, Breath of Fires, Legaia series, Wild Arms, just bought wind waker. Action rygar, god of war, gave up 'cause I couldn't beat the damn cerberus bosses. Contra. Platform, Ratchet, Jak, Sly, Mario.
Shooter, Halo, Metroid, Project Snowblind. Katamari, Gitaroo Man, Parappa the Rapper, hated um jammer lammy though You know what, just ask what I haven't played, it's probably faster. Oh and I rent games first, If I enjoy, I buy *YAY associate discount*

Like wijg, have a soft spot for nintendo, Miyamoto can eat puppies and kittens and I wouldn't care

do you have a PC?

play black and white, fallout 1 and 2, worms armageddon, dungeon keeper 2, system shock 2, neverwinter nights. i could keep going but gotta make sure you have a pc

nintendo -- timesplitters 2, thirteen, tales of symphonia *** if you havent played tales yet, oh my god go buy it. uhm...pikmin 1 and 2, animal crossing, resident evil 4...

If you like classic RPG's Enix re-released Dragon Warrior I & II and DW III on the GBC. They should be pretty cheap by now. If you don't have a Dreamcast, you could pick one up, I could suggest a bunch of games there.

Try going outside of your norm. You didn't say anything about sports; I don't play many sports games either but I had a ball with Winning Eleven 7. If you have an EB Edge card I can tell you how to get 25% off and free shipping on any preowned game, so youc an just look through the $10-$15 games and get a bunch of cheap stuff.

I'll tell you what. If you have't played Amplitude yet, play it. I just got it from GameFly and damn its it an awesome game. It's like a cool version of Parappa. Granted, not everyone may like the style sof music... I'm a big fan of electronica so I can dig a lot of the tracks, but there's a bunch of rock-rap garbage in there too that I'm not necessarily a fan of.