its out.

I got mine!!!!

My wife made a last minute decision to get it for me early yesterday. The plan was to go to the local walmart, but when we got there this morning at 7, they'd already given out all their tickets. Same at the nearby FutureShop and BestBuy. So we ended up at the Toys R Us, eighth in line of 19. We had to scramble just to get a copy of Zelda, which my wife is withholding. So so far, I've made a Mii and I've played WiiSports (which is AWESOME, spuds).

Can't set up the Internet though, anybody give me a hand? we're on a Mac and we have a wireless router. My DS works fine, but the Wii doesn't want to connect.

might be a fire wall, that doesnt allow my DS to connect.

and i soo knew Wii sports would be awesome, and has anyone else noticed on my signature that Wii is outselling ps3?

Well, Wii put out more units, so as long as both consoles sell out, the Wii will certainly out-sell the PS3.

It's not a firewall. I think it might have something to do with us being on a mac network.

Anyhow, there's nothing on the InterWii that I really need to be playing with at this point. I don't plan on getting too many Virtual Console games, really. I'm more concerned about when I get a game that supports online multiplayer. I also would like my Miis to migrate and other Miis to visit me. You know all that crap.

i only know so much about the mii system, it probably is like live were you hook the ethernet cord to your motem or something, or just look online for better directions.

hey scoops did you get the new zelda? if you did, is it true what the rumors say that its the best one made? or is it a port like spudly thinks.

We picked it up, but it got wrapped and placed with the other Christmas gifts.

The Wii has built-in Wi-Fi. No ethernet cord needed as long as you have a wireless router. I think I just need to mess around with my router settings and then things should be fine. We'll see, I fiddle with it more tonight.

Mii Channel - one of the native features of the Wii. You create little cartoon people (Miis) the idea is to model them after yourself and your family and friends. When you play WiiSports, you can play as these characters. Once you're online and have friends with a Wii, your Miis and theirs will co-mingle across the Net. Kinda like animal crossing, I guess.

I'd have to say that you should use an ethernet cord. If the DS is anything like the Wii...it can't stay connected for more than five minutes. Not to mention the simple fact it's way faster, and you'll damn well need it if you're going to be playing games online.

Actually Mr. Spuds, you are incorrect about the ethernet cord being faster......Remember, you-video game junkie, me-tech AND video game junkie....It all depends on what speed your router is.....When i was working as a service tech, before my foot injury, i saw many, many peeps' consoles work just fine on the wireless connection.....True, in an ideal situation, you would want to use an ethernet cord.......But, it is not necessary, nor will the wireless connection cause major packet loss....which is what causes slow online and lagging issues.....Sorry Spuds, you just got Jacked UP!!!

Well, for some reason, the Wii doesn't connect. It can find my network, but it can't connect to the Internet through it. I have no security on the network, and it still won't connect. My DS connects just fine though.

I got one yesterday morning as well, but I haven't had time to set it up yet. I did see this information on Engadget.com that was a bit perturbing, however:

Reports have been coming in on the official Nintendo forums that after the initial firmware/software update that is downloaded during your first attempt to use WiiConnect24, some users are experiencing a "110213" error code, which bars them from using WiiConnect24 completely. Some people are conjecturing that the update is frying a necessary component to connect to the service, possibly being caused by corrupt downloads due to the incredible demand on the update servers currently. Whatever the cause, Nintendo phone support is apparently calling this a "fatal error," and replacing the units for free, including pre-paid shipping labels...

Now I'm almost afraid of starting it up...it's like a non-fatal game of Russian Roulette waiting for me at home, heh.

asylum_boy said:
Actually Mr. Spuds, you are incorrect about the ethernet cord being faster......Remember, you-video game junkie, me-tech AND video game junkie....It all depends on what speed your router is.....When i was working as a service tech, before my foot injury, i saw many, many peeps' consoles work just fine on the wireless connection.....True, in an ideal situation, you would want to use an ethernet cord.......But, it is not necessary, nor will the wireless connection cause major packet loss....which is what causes slow online and lagging issues.....Sorry Spuds, you just got Jacked UP!!!
You didn't even say I was wrong :p

You said he can probably get it to work ok if he has a beastly router!

Well Scribe, for now, you can set it up and not connect it to the Internet. It doesn't do it by itself, you have to set up a connection, much like the DS. Then, just wait until they've fixed that problem and set up your network. I'm going to risk it if I can. I want to check out the on-line channels.

I've been spending a large amount of time building Miis. My wife's entire family has been made (except for her cousin)

i remember trying to set up live, had to run a ethernet cord from my middlefloor computar room, down stares through storage, closets and finally to my xbox. it was a major pain but worth it none the less. scoops ide call nintendo's help number, they'll probably have more information.