Is it worth upgrading from PS3 to PS4?

rightct

Registered
Mar 21, 2015
It's been quite some time since PS4 was launched, but I personally don't find a potential upgrade from my PS3 to the fairly new PS4 is necessary.
There are a lot of games available for the new console, but I find that, graphics wise, there isn't that much of a difference between its predecessor and it. If you're not that pretentious, I'm sure that the difference can't be seen, and you would come off better not investing in it and stay "obsolete". One of the main reasons for my decision is also that we must pay a certain amount of money to play online, which on PS3's not necessary.
What do you guys think? Should I invest nevertheless? I have the money for the console and around 2-3 games for it, but I just don't find it too pragmatical.

I don't want to. I've been saying that since I found out it wasn't free to play. But if they're going to take the support away from the PS3 and start closing down the servers we aren't going to have much of a choice. But I'm going to put it off as long as I can

Im sticking to the PS3 for as long as I possibly can. There are so many games that are fun to play and I haven't gotten around to playing just yet. So why move on when there is still some things left to be done and explore.

Im sticking to the PS3 for as long as I possibly can. There are so many games that are fun to play and I haven't gotten around to playing just yet. So why move on when there is still some things left to be done and explore.

Eventually I'm going to upgrade, but I'm finding the PS3 still has some life in it and I'm not about to put it in storage. There are a ton of games out there right now that has a lot of entertainment value. I can get it dirt cheap also. Can't beat that.

I would say no. It's been more than a year and there's still barely any games worth getting. Honestly, I'm not gonna get a PS4 until it gets very deeply discounted, because there really is nothing much that would interest me, and, having a gaming PC, I can wait a few years with the few games PS4 will get.

Yeah, my kiddo has PS3 and that's as good as it's gonna get for right now. I don't see "upgrading" to PS4 as being a good value. I see no point in it at this time. She still loves the games she has, and there are others available. Some are quite reasonable. I see no reason to hurry up and spend a bunch more money.

I have a Ps3 and a PS4. While both are good for gaming there are several pros for buying a PS4. Most obviously, eventually games will cease to be made for the PS4. As far as the quality of the PS4, the graphics are better and the layout for applications is more accessible. However, it wouldn't be horrible to put off buying it. There are still tons of indie games out there for people discover on PS3. Personally, I prefer the PS4.

I think it maybe a good thing, but the cost could be a bit high to buy and I would buy it maybe later this year and have hired it out and the games look amazing and work well in it and feels like a new generation of gaming. I have still my PS3 and usually play the games that are good for me and they are Dragon age origins, and also god of war 3 and the Tomb raider origins one. I have liked some of the games on the Ps4 like Knack and it is like GOd of war and a mix of some other ones and nice to play as well and hired it out a few times.

Is it worth upgrading? Not right now as the PS4 is still lacking a lot of good games to play compared to the PS3. But I say give the PS4 another 2 years and it will be both a must and worthwhile to upgrade. Hopefully a new better model will come out and be available to buy.

I think a lot depends on what your friends play on. Personally it took me a Kong time to actually convince myself to ditch the PS3 but I'll be honest and say I'm glad now that I did.

Nearly everybody I know has one aswell now so it was definitely worth it for me

I'd say no, too. I'd wait until the price drops. Enjoy your PS3 for as long as you can. I'm pretty sure there are still countless of titles you haven't played, yet. So, yeah.

Yeah I am gonna ride the PS3 as long as I possibly can and suck every bit of goodness I can out of it like I did my PS2 years ago,and then the XBOX 360. I haven't had as much time to play my PS3 as I did my other systems years ago, but my kids are getting older and they still like to play it with me. I actually might be able to get back into my old hobby of Friday night all nighters of video games one day soon. I still play a few times a week but it is not the binge gaming I used to do in my 20's. I play mainly sports games now and FPS's with the occasional Assassin's Creed outing so for me the PS3 is more than enough at this point.

I'm on the ride as long as I can boat as well. There's no point in dropping money just yet if I can squeeze more life out of the current console. Plus PS4 is still too high for my tastes at the moment. Then there's also the fact that I've drastically cut back on playing games these days.

I wanted to wait a while for them to get the initial bugs out of the original PS four systems before I actually upgraded. But now I'm pretty sure that the PS four has polished the system up and I can get a decent upgrade. It has been out for some years now so therefore the best games are pretty much coming out on the market right now.

Have Sony released any news on when the PS3 is going to stop being made or supported by the way?

The PS4 has been out a while now so I would have thought the PS3 might not have that long left?

I can't say whether or not one decision is more worth it than the other because that's all subjective but personally I'm choosing to hold on to my ps3 a while longer because I've already waited this long so waiting a bit more really doesn't feel like too much of a sacrifice, and I know there's not really enough games on it yet to make me really want to dive in just now. If they release more titles that I like in the future I'd be more excited to buy it but for now I'm just choosing to finish the be backlog of games I still have for my old console.

This discussion comes into the atmosphere every time there's a console upgrade. Every time. Of course it's all about timing. It's eventual. You're going to upgrade. It now becomes a matter of 'has Sony developed enough quality exclusive titles to make me feel a need to pay a ridiculous price I will later regret'. At this point? No. I'm out of the fight though because I already own one. o_O

As much as we all cling onto titles we spent hours on end, if you don't stay up-to-date with the consoles, your current console will become obsolete before you even know it. Since I worked for GameStop, my best recommendation would to be to wait for a great promotion to upgrade that really makes it worth your while. My boyfriend pulled the trigger on upgrading his ps3 to a ps4 and ended up paying $150 for the entire thing (COD included). With my PowerUp Rewards PRO card, he received PlayStation Plus for a whole year for free, which I believe is a $99 value.

It really does suck to let go of something you invested so much time and money in. I was devastated when I hung on to my old console for so long and then decided to make the upgrade and they were only going to offer me $20 for damn near everything I owned. That's when I realized it wasn't worth holding on to because I could have paid less. And since I kept my old console, it ended up just collecting dust since I never played it again. Basically it all comes down to if you want to keep it for nostalgic reasons. I still own my ps2 and I'm sure it works, but I haven't used it for well over a decade.

Yes. It is so much faster than the PS3 for logging in and streaming netflix. The interface is just a lot faster and doesn't take 5 minutes to load the playstation store. It is just overall a better system. Improved graphics. You should for sure either upgrade to a PS4 or be really smart and save a ton of money and upgrade to a gaming PC.

Playstation 4 is now seem as an old cargo since Playstation 5 came out. So, if you're still playing on Playstation 3 and want to upgrade, don't go for Playstation 4 but go for Playstation 5 because it's way better.