If you had to live in one game environment it would be...?

primalclaws1974

Registered
Dec 2, 2014
Although I gave up WoW (for reasons I may have to post about in the future), I have always enjoyed it's environments. I especially like the backdrops. There are many places that I would sometimes take a character and just enjoy the scenery. The characters don't mold quite as well into the game, but that's okay. I think I could enjoy WoW in real life. How about you? What game environment could you retire to?

I would probably go with Harvest Moon, retiring to a farm always seemed like a great deal of fun to me.

Reactions: primalclaws1974
I'd like to be in GTA because it's a bit closer to reality but with all the perks of fantasy and imagination. Meaning I could die or get caught by the police for blowing up the streets with a missile launcher and the only thing that would happen is I get revived at the hospital or police station.

If I could live in a world with Pokemon, that would be really sweet! Ever since I was little, I've always wanted to be a Pokemon trainer! :D

Hmm..why is it that I could only think about really horrible, tragic videogames? Yeah no one likes to live in Rapture, Raccoon City (or any zombie infested city before it went boom), etc. I don't even want to be tested all my life by GLaDOS or Hojo from FF7 (the creep). I don't want to live in Final Fantasy..the fiends, evil guys, psychopaths, FalCie, Sin, etc. but the world is gorgeous. Give me powers, summons, an airship, great companions and I'll be okay. Also moogles and chocobos. So cute. Oh yeah and a cool outfit not filled with so much zippers.

Thank you for all the responses. Final Fantasy 7 is one of my all-time favorite games. That airship was a wonderfully done artistic sight. I enjoy the "steampunk" style. I would love to live in this land too. A land that had mythical creatures would be really neat. There are really no end of video games that have this style, but not all can be credited with having beautiful landscapes. Ultima Online has no end of mythical species, but the land is too unrealistic to even consider "living" there.

Reactions: YunaKazama26
I would also choose to live in the Pokemon world, because I think that this world is one of the most peacefull and actionfull environments at the same time. I always wondered how it would be to live in a world like that, interacting with beings like the Pokemon.

Personally, I would like to be in here, in the environment of nature. However, for a video game environment, I'll have to go with Lord of The Rings Online! The game itself is pretty darn accurate to the lore and maps made by J.R.R. Tolkien, and most people would agree with me. Of course, I'll be one of Numenoreans, because they were simply bad ass people - in fact, they were superior over many elves in middle-earth in culture, technology, and achievements. Of course, I rather be one of the early Numenoreans who had the longest mortal lives.

This is a pretty good and unique question, great job on thinking of it. If I could live in any online game environment it would have to be Rift, in this game you get your own little home world as well. I'd also be a Cleric which I love to play, love being a caster of magic and kind of fits with my whole being a witch thing. Also I can imagine myself foraging, seeing the deer and squirrels. Exploring new places and even having horses and other awesome creatures to ride and enjoy, there would be other places I'd love to live inside of too. Only if it was actually possible to do something like this, a lot more people would be happy in the world.

I would definitely love to live in the pokemon world. It seems like I would stay the same age, and I get to sic my super powerful pets against people I hate. Not to mention that if there was a trainer, I could challenge them and be a nuisance. It would be awesome if I were a gym owner too!

Pokemon for sure! Who wouldn't like having a Pokemon they can sit on and fly all over the world with? From what I've seen, the Pokemon world is quite beautiful so I doubt anyone will ever get tired of the environment anytime soon.

Though having said that, I'm sure it'd be a pretty big problem if Team Rocket were an actual problem. It would be pretty nerve-racking having to save the world every other day.

I would retire to the world of Tera. It's a beautiful dimension with it's lush green terrains for various parts of the world. It's a place that always have something occurring even if there's a war going on. Each place has it's own beauty to it, even if it's burning down around you. I can enjoy riding around on horse back as I traverse the plains to the desert to the snowy reaches of the mountains that you meet with the dragon people. I love that there's all walks of life to interact with and that is why I love the world of Tera.

I would probably love to live in the steampunk-rennesaince world of Final Fantasy 9 with all of their castles and airships and pirates and..well..you get the idea. Failing that, I would love to live in the Pokemon Games world. Why? Strangely, no hurricanes ever seem to exist in that world. A few earthquakes that don't actually harm anything? I can handle that. About the only thing that would bother me is how specific those Pokemon are to their data entries...I wouldn't want to cross paths with a Drowzee or a Drifloon.

Mulgore in World of Warcraft. Such a peaceful place, open plains but surrounded by cliffs, And I would never have to worry about going on a diet because everyone around me are fat cows.

Maybe Skyrim. Odd choice probably but it is also very interesting to me at the same time. The dragons might be a problem but that is why we have our DragonBorn right? I could choose to be a smith, a trader or an adventurer.

Any of those situations would be awesome. Every day would bring something new and it would never be a dull day.

That's a hard decision haha. WoW's a strong contender because I love the idea of living in a fantasy realm with lots of nice scenery like Nagrand, ect. That being said, Guild Wars 2's world is just as intriguing and just as pretty. The Sylvari zones are beautiful and reminds me a lot of Cameron's Avatar. Either way, the idea of retiring to a fantasy world is so much more intriguing than going for something that's Sci-Fi or close to reality.

I would love to live in the world of Dota. I mean...what is better than killing people, dying, then reviving every day, all day. Did I mention I also get rich from those little tiny things running around my world? Free money, and killing is legal, and when I get killed I revive...hmm, pretty much a good reason to live in the world of Dota I guess.