How do you relate with kids?

Henrywrites

Registered
Feb 20, 2018
Over time, we have come to see the real essence of being good at what we do ranging from the way that we talk with friends and family members to the way we relate with people at work. However, one important aspect of relationship that I see many not utilize well is the way we relate with kids around us. I always feel that we should talk with them in a calm manner and I get angry when I see some parents beat their kids. So, would be glad to read how you relate with your kids as parents?

I don't have kids yet but in our family, we don't beat children when they do mistakes. We talk to them sternly and have different consequences based on what they have done, but nothing that hurts physically or emotionally. Just enough so that they learn their lesson for the future.

I don't have kids but I have young siblings aged 7 and 11. They are the type of children who always hold their mobile phones and just watched videos in Youtube over and over. I just join them in what they are watching and ask them how is it about that video. Then the bond goes on, they will tell a story to you over and over.

I don't have kids but I have cousins aged 4 and 6 years old and they used to live in our home for a few months. I love to be with them and during the time that they were living in our home, I enjoyed their company. They were full of joy and their laughter was very contagious. And I agree with you that we should talk to them in a good way because what they see in adults is something that they tend to do.

I am a father of two boys, my older son has 12 years old and my second boy has ten months, I love my kids and I never beat them, I do scream a lot to my older son because he has an issue with using too much its PC. I think that parents resolve nothing beating their kids, we must talk to our kids and try to understand and communicate with them in the right manner, communication resolve most of the problems.

Kids are really amazing. I like kids. I love playing with them. There were times that they have tantrums but this is just a normal one. All you need to stop this is of course tell them and talk to them nicely. I have nephews and I set time for them to play games. I usually give them an hour of playing games per day but school days are not allowed.

I don't have kids but I have young siblings aged 7 and 11. They are the type of children who always hold their mobile phones and just watched videos in Youtube over and over. I just join them in what they are watching and ask them how is it about that video. Then the bond goes on, they will tell a story to you over and over.

That is good thing. Playing games or watching together with them is a good bonding, for that also you monitor what they are watching for.

Yes. I relate with kids. I have 2 kids that's why I can relate with kids. I played with them.

Unfortunately, there are no kids in our home anymore. The youngest member of my family is 16 at age. I don't consider him a kid anymore even though he's the youngest one. But during his younger years when he was like 10 or 11 years old, he is very naugthy and a hard-headed boy. Luckily, as he grows older and now that he's already a teenager... he becomes a good boy finally. Actually I can say that I'm a proud sister for him and he's cool.

I'd never beat my kids but I have always found a firm tone does the job when needed. There's never a reason to resort to violence; especially when kids are involved.