Hardware for the future?

techbeast34

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
What do you think will be the hardware for the future of gaming? I honestly think the Oculus Rift, and an improved version of the Kinect or Leap Motion, maybe both combined with a Nod ring, would be pretty awesome for an immersive gaming setup.

What do you think will be the hardware for the future of gaming? I honestly think the Oculus Rift, and an improved version of the Kinect or Leap Motion, maybe both combined with a Nod ring, would be pretty awesome for an immersive gaming setup.
I agree, virtual reality games will be the thing in the future. Though I don't think stuff like Kinect will get more popular, because most people are too lazy or just too tired after work and want to relax by playing a game.

I still think that whilst the adoption of VR will go up there will still be large base of gamers who don't use it. Could you imagine going to a LAN with all your VR kit. What about people who get motion sick? I think for some games like your MMORPG's its almost guaranteed. For other games the fast paced action would make it difficult.

Virtual Reality can potentially be the next big thing, I agree. But it probably won't take the world by storm and sweep the other consoles off their feet. People will probably need some time to adjust to VR as it is a huge step from the console gaming that people have gotten so used to. I don't believe that Kinect is going anywhere anytime soon. It seemed to be really innovative at the time, but it gradually just faded away along with the PlayStation Move.

Well, virtual reality gaming could be common in future, but as far as I know, people speculated that there would be flying cars right now, and there still are no flying cars. Oculus Rift is still far beyond good. It's definitely cool and I would love to try it out, but I don't think you'd be able to play that for more than an hour without taking a break.

If they improve that in the future, then definitely yes, it is possible that all the games are going to require an Oculus Rift. And now that I think about it, it sounds very cool and I would like that, but they still have to improve it a lot, of course.

Well, virtual reality gaming could be common in future, but as far as I know, people speculated that there would be flying cars right now, and there still are no flying cars. Oculus Rift is still far beyond good. It's definitely cool and I would love to try it out, but I don't think you'd be able to play that for more than an hour without taking a break.

If they improve that in the future, then definitely yes, it is possible that all the games are going to require an Oculus Rift. And now that I think about it, it sounds very cool and I would like that, but they still have to improve it a lot, of course.
I think they speculated flying cars just because in that time cars were first introduced. Don't forget that technology improves the faster the more better it gets. 30 years ago you'd be sitting in a mental hospital for telling people that you could call someone in the middle of a forest. Now look how far phones improved today. Any smartphone is thousands or even millions times more powerful than a computer that is being used for Voyager.

Well, true, but let me just give an example. They made a car that runs on water, but you won't see water cars on the streets for many more years. Mostly because the price will be very high. The price will be lower and lower, the more manufacturers make these water cars, and in many years, it will be priced like a normal car nowadays.

I think it's same with Oculus Rift. In my opinion, it's still in some experimental phase, it's not perfect yet. It's good and cool, but it's not how good it needs to be, to become a worldwide hit.

Maybe a cell phone sized projector will be developed so that people can play games on walls and other large surfaces. Imagine how quickly boredom can be eliminated when someone can play a game on a table as they wait for their date to show up. Anything is possible in the world we are living in. Greater things are in store.