Great PSP News

KingKRool

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
Orlando
kingkrool.thenoodleman.com
At the Tokyo developer conference yesterday, which was meant to discuss the PlayStation 3, Sony Cumputer President Ken Kutargi revealed some new hardware and info on the PSP.

Kutargi has confirmed rumors of support for Macromedia Flash games for PSP’s web-browser, as well as RSS feeds, and GPS functionality for the PSP. Another feature revealed was the support for video voice over IP, which would be available from October, via a web-cam (EyeToy?) peripheral. The most interesting announcement was the “E-Distribution” announcement, which will allow users to download original PlayStation One games to their PSP to be played. No information was given about how these PlayStation games will be played with only one analog stick.

The final announcement was the PSP price cut. Kutargi has said that the PSP will be cut from $249 to $199, minus the 32 MB memory stick, soft case, remote control, and headphones.

that seriously makes me want to update,and since I foolishly updated to 1.52, I'm going to have to. Bye bye Doom, :(.

Yeah. I'm not too concerned about it lacking two analog sticks though. How many PS1 games even used two sticks?

right. the PSOne had no analog sticks for long time. the first game to require a Dual Shock Analog Controller was the very first Ape Escape... my fact for the day.

More browser support for the PSP is thinking in the right direction. A mini keyboard and mouse would be nifty as well :p

Good news, but it's still really expensive.

But, if I can find the extra cash I'll shell it out.

I don't know how the PSP will work as a controller for the PS3...

The PSP doesn't have the extra buttons that the PS3 controllers are supposed to come with!

i think the psp as a controler whould be a fun thing, use it as a scope in shooters so the guy next you you cant see who you are aiming at. some where to choose plays for a sports game.

ans yes granted the loss of the second joystick does suck.

Misdemonar said:
that seriously makes me want to update,and since I foolishly updated to 1.52, I'm going to have to. Bye bye Doom, :(.

If your saying you have to update because your at 1.52 and dont think you can run homebrew dont do it yet! Homebrew is running on everything threw 1.6 currently.