Gran Tourismo 4 ramblings

Huddy

Registered
Jun 23, 2005
The Boiler Room
Wow...no topic on GT 4 yet?
Well, besides the obvious "what do you think of GT4" discussion..I thought I'd go a different route with my question. After talking to some people, I've found that many play the Gran Tourismo games very differently. Some like to just unlock all the cars as soon as possible. Some like to tweak, and some aim to win every race, with the best times possible.
I personally enjoy tweaking the settings of the cars, and racing them on the test tracks over and over again, until I get the absolute best time possible with that car. I'm not intent on just winning races with it....I want to win races as easy as possible, leading the competition by the largest margin of time imaginable with the current car. This leads me to playing with one car for what may be many sessions of GT, possibly spending days learning the in's and out's of that vehicle, and making it perfection. Only then, will I venture on to another vehicle. When you take that, and consider 700+ vehicles in game....that's a ton of gaming value and time.

So what about you? How do you play them? What's the most satisfying thing you do in any of the GT games?

Speaking of GT4, anyone else catch the apprentice last night? their task was to do a graffiti ad for Gran Turismo 4.

It was pretty interesting. One guy took on the lead as project manager because "he played video games" heheeh...was nice to see videogames respected on TV.

Lynn

Damn the overbooking of reality TV! See, I'm so tired of those type shows, that they made me miss out on one that I might have wanted to see! Lol.
Seriously, the Apprentice is ok...but I always wait for the DVD release, sans commercials..so I'll see it then....but reality TV bashing is for another thread I suppose. :p It is good that games are getting respect though!
Ok..back on GT4....is anyone tired of Polophony's excuse of licensing as to why you can't roll, crash, or scratch the cars? I've seen it done in other games with licensing...so isn't that played out?
Is this why they scratched online play as well, because the licensing doesn't want to encourage competitive racing with their cars? Give me a break!
Alright, at least Lionhead appologizes for thier promises that don't happen....I think we deserve an appology Sony!
Love the game...but trying to play it off as the "real racing simulator" and not putting a scratch on the car when careening 150mph into a concrete wall doesn't simulate anything but fantasy for me.
Still...I'll tweak those little buggers 'till I'm stripping the threads on the screws dammit! :)