Get in Line

PrinceLUDA21

Registered
Apr 18, 2006
Philly
Okay so I went buy a Wal-Mart today to get some socks and other things after work. And Low-and-behold their were people alredy out there camping for the PS3. I don't know if this is a record time for the city or not but I laughed so freaking hard. I hope the get one, and it craps out on them. But then I would not want my Wii to crap out on me.

So has anyboy else seen Line starting to pop up in your area?

i saw that on the news. pathetic, people are waiting for days on the ps3 because they know only 400,000 will actually be playing the ps3. its more worth it when more come in and more games are worth buying come in. and when all the bugs are fixed. anyone else hear about a bestbuy got there demo case ps3 and one of the processors broke? *laugh* it happeneds?

Will Spud I don't wish that on anybody because I don't want that to happen to me. I pray everyday that 360 dose not crap out on me. MY friend has went through 5 already. His next one will be back next week.

And I also think people don't think when it comes down to it. I mean these systems are not games there will never be over 2 million at launch. You can not just walk right in a say let me get one if you do not reserve it. And it really gets to me all the time.

Here is some advise that I think everyone should past off. Even if you know this past it along to people who don't know. Reserve any and everything at a GS/EB near you. Or Any Gamestore near you that you go to regularly. IF you have a fav store go there. The more resevers your store gets the more copys they get. The more system they will get at launch.

They're camping out outside of Walmarts, Targets and Best Buys, who don't take preorders. If they're doing that, they probably already tried to preorder one.

The news here is covering the lines more than I thought anyone would. It seems that tons of people (way more than available PS3's or Wii's) are camping out. There was even reports of people selling their places in line for more than $800.

If Wal-Mart's online pre-orders (which sold out in a hour) are priced like their in-store sales, it is going to suck hard for the campers. Wal-Mart forced people to buy a HUGE bundle just to get the pre-order.
To pre-order PS3: you must buy 12 additional items (8 games and 2 bluray movies),
Final price: $1,421.98
To pre-order Wii: you must buy 8 games
Final price: $648.38

Now that tryin to kill a man. There are not 8 games even worth buying on either system at launch. I would be pissed off, and What if I don't have a HDTV, i'm stuck with some movies I can't really enjoy, not to mention that non of the Blu-Ray titles are worth buying.

If you know you can't pre-order the damn thing then why waitin line. Common sense would tell you that if pre-orders sell out like that then there will be non for non-pre-orders.

Also in other reports from my area, The Circuit City in Cherry Hill NJ will be getting 200 PS3's from what I heard. My old boss who now is at Wal-MArt said that they only have 2 systems in.

I'm all for waiting for at least the second batch. The only complaint I have about my 360 is that sometimes the drawer sticks. Otherwise, it runs like a champ.

same jonas, Luda if your friend goes to gamestop or something to get his xbox fixed, bad choice. i just called the xbox helpline and they shiped me one for free. and also i founf that standing the xbox straight up is bad for it as well as putting items on top or it.

i saw a vid online of a ps3 line, people were waiting for 8 days before it came out, one guy called in sick, one guy quite his job, and the another wouldn't buy his fiance a ring, cause he wanted the money. talk about pathetic. ill try and find the vid its pretty sad.

NOpe Gran he sent all of them to MS they self. Trust me if he went to GS he would have gotten a brand new system. No gamstop will fix system's. At least non in PA.

I really am not to sure about second batch at all. I mean I check the date on when my 360 was made and it's dated 10-22-05 But I didn't get ming till Feb, so i'm really worried because it froze once with the ring of death. But it frezzes from time to time.

that occurs with mine also, but i just stop and do something else, kind of a reminder that i have to keep a life. and i think the second batch of xbox's that came out still had the problems, but there not as common as the once wore.

I didn't get any problems with my xbox yet, other than a few freezes.
And yeah my 360 was made in December and I got it in July...

sad, sad people waiting in line at one of the Circuit Cities in Lexington, KY (where a friend of mine now works) are about to be sorely disappointed. Instead of the 26 their store was promised, they are getting shipped................................4.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha