GBA Obsolete?

sdman135

Registered
Apr 25, 2006
NYC Harlem
With some many Gameboy Advance Emulators and GBA roms popping up the same day the actual game comes out why bother wit it anyway.
So is keeping the GBA worth it? :mario:

P.S. I still have my GBA SP and all its games. This is just a topic me and my friends want to settle.

GBA/SP will always be worth keeping. Think about it. Whenever people see the original brick-sized GameBoy, the reaction is usually somewhere along the lines of "OMG that's so cooooool" (or at least it's something like that for me). In a decade or so (maybe a little longer than that too), I have a feeling it may be the same way. It's always neat when you see something from the past that is working on achieving artifact status.

Keep those old systems around. Gotta raise your kids on some good wholesome oldschool videogames :D

If you are a hardcore Nintendo fan and have been playing the gameboy since the beginning, then would say it is worth keeping, especially an SP sincei it is the only way to play original gameboy and gameboy color games (unless you have an old school gameboy/gameboy color).

... The are soooo obsolete! get rid of them... sell them... that is unless your like junky hand held systems, small screens, horrible graphics, and old cartridges instead of discs.

P.S. The reaction when you hand someone a GBA or Sp or whatever is.... "Wow. You're still using this POS?"

You cant bee series. Are you telling our father to give up his GBASP.

Dad don't listen to this fool keep it. One day when you have nothin to play all those GBA titles. Games like Metriod Fusion. or Mario & Luigi.

I am keeping mine. i mean i like that I can play my gba games on my DS but I like the portability when i want to just grab my micro and shove it in my pocket.

Yea i thought it was a good idea to, i'm just glad u all posted and proved my friends worng. I'll keep it but not play with it, it'll just be hanging out with the other older retireed systems.
Damn mom sold my SEGA gen. and i had to buy a new one...

I don't think its worth keeping. Yeah there are roms, which I guess thats cool. But the GBA console itself is worthless. Go and get a DS and still be able to play GBA games.

Plus...since when have we been able to use sigs!?!

Old School!!!

Meggo the Eggo said:
GBA/SP will always be worth keeping. Think about it. Whenever people see the original brick-sized GameBoy, the reaction is usually somewhere along the lines of "OMG that's so cooooool" (or at least it's something like that for me). In a decade or so (maybe a little longer than that too), I have a feeling it may be the same way. It's always neat when you see something from the past that is working on achieving artifact status.

Keep those old systems around. Gotta raise your kids on some good wholesome oldschool videogames :D

Sdman, tell your friends that they are freaking CRAZY!!! Heck yes the Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, and Gameboy SP are all worth keeping.... forget the DS, the family four are the true original, the hardcore old school, and some of the best old school systems (along with the family Nintendo three ~ Nintendo Original, SNES, and N64) .... call me a true OG, but hey, that's how I roll.... Ninja Turtles and Nintendo is how it is...

keep it real, and keep it old school

lol, peace and God Bless, ~The~SurendrdSeraph~12~

Yea i told them they're F**King Crazy. I'm keeping my systems till i die. I'll sell 'em. ... U ... Don't ... Like ... The DS... :no:. All of Nintendo's systems were/are great.

yea thing is i won't buy the same system for more money. Like the Gameboy Micro... it's more money and the screen is way to small. I think it's a waste of money i'm using for the PS3 and Wii.