Free to Play games

SquiffyBubble

Registered
Mar 16, 2015
Finland
Do you guys like Free to Play games? I personally enjoy them a lot, since I can try the game out for free and then decide whether or not to spend money on the game. There is a lot of good F2P games out there, and the amount is growing all the time. I personally enjoy games like Team Fortress 2 and Hearthstone even more than games that cost something on purchase. Do you guys prefer Free to Play games over "normal" games?

I find it just so irritating to have to buy all the constant level ups and extra lives. I would MUCH rather pay for the game up front, then have access to all the content. It's one of my main gripes with mobile games (apps, not games on mobile consoles), but I dont see the trend going away anytime soon, it seems pretty lucrative.

I prefer DotA 2's free-to-play model where everything paid for is purely cosmetic and does not confer any in-game advantage. However the game is still making loads of money with a 5 million dollar prizepool for their tournament last year.

Do you guys like Free to Play games? I personally enjoy them a lot, since I can try the game out for free and then decide whether or not to spend money on the game. There is a lot of good F2P games out there, and the amount is growing all the time. I personally enjoy games like Team Fortress 2 and Hearthstone even more than games that cost something on purchase. Do you guys prefer Free to Play games over "normal" games?
If my computer can handle playing the game then heck yes. I do like free to play games which I used to play Alliance of Valiant Arms which I am disappointed with some of the changes Aeriagames did which the game play worse. Then again playing the game on my laptop is not the best to play.

I like them as long as they are well made. I find that a lot of free games nowadays don't feel too much like they are free as they play just as good as any other game that I'd pay for. The only time I'd really notice is if they continually and obviously try to squeeze money out of me but I mostly just stick to the ones that are less obnoxious about it.

Depends on the F2P model that's being used. if its a game where I spend money, and I instantly win? No thank you. I much prefer to spend my money elsewhere. If its a game where I spend money, and just earn cosmetic upgrades, or another character slot, or a "Donation" tag next to my name? Then I'm all in it. Path of Exile personally I think had one of the better F2P models where you can buy cool looking gear with money, but that gear was mostly transmog gear that turned your armor nito looking like it without actually increasing character power overall, or changing the color of portals, or just adding a bank slot to your stash to switch items between characters.

What do you mean by F2P vs. "Normal games"? Do you mean console or pc games? Or do you mean P2P games? If you mean the prior, I prefer my normal ones more compared to F2P, since I have to be in a mood to deal with people sometimes, I don't want to do that in F2P. Now, if you mean the latter, then yes. F2P usually trumps P2P, since I rather just have the option to play my game WITHOUT having to discuss out $15 per month! If I'm playing a game, I rather just pay ONE fee, not monthly for the game I buy.