Final Fantasy I

SquallSnake7

Editor in Chief
Jun 23, 2005
IL
In case you have not play on NES, the GBA remake, your cell phone, or PSOne, it is not on PSP. FFII is coming out very soon also.

Is it just me, or does anyone else realize that FFI just isnt that good of game? I respect being the first recognizable RPG, but does it need to be remade on every system?

I've played through it (on the GBA a while ago) and it really isn't a great game... It's a good game, maybe. Definitely not great. I remember at some points it didn't even give you a direction to go in and you just had to stumble across the map and hope for the best. All that wandering gave me a great opportunity to level up, but by the time I reached the end of the game, my characters were either at, or really close to level 99. So in less than three turns I had taken down the big scary nameless boss at the end.

*minor spoiler-ish thing*
I heard a pretty good comedy skit once where this comic was telling her experience about playing FF1. I remember her joking about progressing through the game, but the only line I remember her saying is, "And then I fought GOD." Which, yeah, that's pretty much what happens at the end of the game.
*//end spoiler-ly thing*

As far as being ported over to every system, it's probably because they know some poor person out there doesn't have even one of the systems FF1 has already been on and they know they'll buy it because OMG its the first Final Fantasy EVERRR, it's gotta be great.

And then they play it and realize it's not the best game in the universe and that FF has come a long way since.

It's like a rite of passage :)