Favorite Smash Brothers Character?

blur92

Registered
Jan 18, 2015
Who is your favorite character to use on either Nintendo 64, Gamecube, or both? I love using Fox. He's quick and agile. Ever since I first got the game when it came out I've preferred him. I also like Link except he's much slower.

My favorite has to be Captain Falcon. How could anyone not love Captain Falcon?

I'm definitely not very good at Smash, so he may be one of the worse technical characters for all I know, but he's hilarious!

Reactions: blur92
Link. I love his moves. They're simple and efficient. I can use all of his moves to my advantage. Other characters have special moves that are unnecessary. Link's moves are very practical. It's pretty easy to knock a guy off the arena with him. It's also very easy to dish out a ton of punishment with him because his moves are pretty fast.
tumblr_inline_mo9r4z10ud1qz4rgp.jpg

Haha, globulon, he is actually a fairly decent character. I don't play Smash Bros as much as I used to, but from what I remember he isn't too bad.

Clunky, that's true, but I do think Fox's moves are all useful. Even the gun that doesn't cause all that much damage can be helpful in deflecting a blow from an enemy. It throws them off for a second giving you a chance to retaliate.

When I was younger I'd play Pikachu, Jigglypuff or Kirby as a joke and to mainly irritate the hell out of my friends. Everyone else would gun for Link, Zelda, Fox or Samus. I didn't really strategize or whatnot, just played to have fun and me playing irritating characters was part of that fun.

I think Kirby can be very good and Pikachu isn't half bad at all. Jigglypuff, on the other hand, is kind of terrible :D I would pick Kirby sometimes. I could never get the hang of Samus who was a hard player to beat sometimes.

Captain Falcon, at least in the first game, as that's the only one I have played to this day. The speed and the strength of the FALCON PUNCH were the main reason I chose that character, and it was amazing.

Captain Falcon, at least in the first game, as that's the only one I have played to this day. The speed and the strength of the FALCON PUNCH were the main reason I chose that character, and it was amazing.

I have never played Smash Bros for Wii but only Nintendo 64 and GameCube. Captain Falcon was fun to play as. The FALCON PUNCH was pretty brutal :D

One of my favorite characters is Roy. I can remember when I first unlocked him and I didn't know who he was. I thought that he looked cool so I decided to pick him all the time.

Roy from the Gamecube version, and I prefer him over Marth so much. Marth might be faster, but I like doing more damage. Plus, he's slightly more difficult to use since he's slower. I like the challenge. Otherwise, I'd say Link is my second favorite character from those games.

Falcon Punch!! Haha. That was my favorite move, but I typically would play as Fox or Link. I really didn't like playing with other ones like Jigglypuff, that one was just awful!

Falcon Punch!! Haha. That was my favorite move, but I typically would play as Fox or Link. I really didn't like playing with other ones like Jigglypuff, that one was just awful!

I agree. I would have to say Jigglypuff was the worst character. I can't imagine any that were worse.

I agree. I would have to say Jigglypuff was the worst character. I can't imagine any that were worse.
In my opinion and from some experience, the puff was actually quite good. She was among my top three most used characters (the others being Falco and Roy). In melee she was awesome, preparing to roll over everyone hahaha! I loved the rollout move so much.

I tried all of the characters (Nintendo 64) and spent some serious time beating the story mode with each one. Over all, Pikachu was my favorite. He was quick and had quite a few electric attacks that could deal some pretty good damage. he could also triple jump which really helped a lot when it came to evading attacks.

I had 3 favorites.

Mario - There is something about Mario actually throwing punches in a game that struck with me!
Link - I loved his move set in Melee.
Donkey Kong - Loved picking this character for a heavy weight.

Kirby all the way. He just has some of the best moves. He can get away fast and makes quick attack moves. One of my favorite things about him is his ability to fly away really fast and far. His rock move gets people every time, it's great.