Favorite Bond game?

dillinger10

Registered
Dec 2, 2014
I have long been a fan of James Bond movies, especially the Connery era-Bond. While film-to-game adaptations don't always fare so well, I have always enjoyed the Bond games.

The first Bond game I owned was Goldeneye 007 on the N64, which still ranks as my all time favorite N64 game.

My favorite Bond game, however, is From Russia With Love. This is one of my favorite Bond movies and while the gameplay is not as strong as that of Goldeneye, it allows me to play as Sean Connery, complete with voice work by Connery himself! It doesn't get much cooler than that.

What is your favorite Bond game?

Goldeneye - without a doubt. It's just one of those classic games that reminds me of cramming a bunch of friends on a couch playing split screen multiplayer, howling with laughter as Oddjob ran around trying to slap Jaws' knees. There were so many great memories and friendships that originated with that game.

I still have my n64 and copy of Goldeneye - played it again recently and honestly, it has NOT aged well.

Reactions: thatnewmommy
Goldeneye - without a doubt. It's just one of those classic games that reminds me of cramming a bunch of friends on a couch playing split screen multiplayer, howling with laughter as Oddjob ran around trying to slap Jaws' knees. There were so many great memories and friendships that originated with that game.

I still have my n64 and copy of Goldeneye - played it again recently and honestly, it has NOT aged well.

I wish I had kept my n64. I have kept pretty much all my other consoles that I have owned through the years. Most of them are either in storage or collecting dust. I ended up donating my n64 to charity about 7 or 8 years ago.

I would almost be embarrassed to guess how many hours my friends and I spent playing Goldeneye followed by marathon sessions of Wave Race 64. Those were the good old days. Those kind of memories really make me nostalgic.

I have long been a fan of James Bond movies, especially the Connery era-Bond. While film-to-game adaptations don't always fare so well, I have always enjoyed the Bond games.

The first Bond game I owned was Goldeneye 007 on the N64, which still ranks as my all time favorite N64 game.

My favorite Bond game, however, is From Russia With Love. This is one of my favorite Bond movies and while the gameplay is not as strong as that of Goldeneye, it allows me to play as Sean Connery, complete with voice work by Connery himself! It doesn't get much cooler than that.

What is your favorite Bond game?

Goldeneye was the game that kicked of this co op shooters for my friends and I. The levels were great and the unlockable were fun and increased the longevity of the game. The split screen worked well when 4 players went at it. Great game.

Nightfire will remain my all time favorite shooter, ever. However I really like Goldeneye Wii for it pretty much being a better Call of Duty then Call of Duty. Seriously, I would rather play Goldeneye ON THE Wii then I would any of the CODs since MW2.

Oh man Golden Eye 007 was my favorite Bond game ever for the N64. Never lost its charm. I could play it right now after reading this thread. I never beat the game but the multiplayer mode was the real fun. I used to play it at parties and friends' houses.

A lot of those games were pretty darn good, but Goldeneye just takes the top prize for me. The multiplayer in that game was so incredibly fun, whether you could jump or not! I think I played most of the older Bond Games, and there wasn't one that I totally hated, although some were obvious steps above the others.

Goldeneye 64 for me. I feel like I'll be in the vast majority on this one.

There was also a 3rd person shooter Bond game with split screen coop I have fond memories of from the Gamecube PS2 era. I don't remember the name though..

Golden eye, I loved Golden eye, it was one of the first games in its genre I cared to try, and I loved everything about it. the weapons the quests and the ability to play against friends. It was all new to me and a classic game but it was fun while it lasted.

Speaking of Goldeneye, I'm not sure if anyone else saw the post on reddit recently regarding the emulator that was hidden in the code. It's for the ZX Spectrum console and contains 10 games. Rare is kinda cool in that way for hiding an easter egg literally in their game - you can try it out yourself in a patched emulator version (ironic that you need an emulator to access an emulator).

Like everyone else seems to agree on, Goldeneye was THE BEST. I loved that game so much. I would play it all the time, both single player and multiplayer. In fact, I think I would still remember how to play it today!!

I don’t quite remember the exact title of this Bond game I played on the PS 1, but I think it was Tomorrow Never Dies, if I’m not mistaken. The setting was in a snowy environment the first mission was to infiltrate an enemy facility. It was my favorite Bond game because it was like you were in a movie with cut-scenes and dialogues between playing and watching these scenes. Also I am a fan of Hitman, and this had a Hitman vibe to it at that time where being sneaky and undetected was very vital to accomplish the missions, like what a true Bond agent would do, accomplish missions without getting hit and still look very classy after the mission.

I don’t quite remember the exact title of this Bond game I played on the PS 1, but I think it was Tomorrow Never Dies, if I’m not mistaken. The setting was in a snowy environment the first mission was to infiltrate an enemy facility. It was my favorite Bond game because it was like you were in a movie with cut-scenes and dialogues between playing and watching these scenes. Also I am a fan of Hitman, and this had a Hitman vibe to it at that time where being sneaky and undetected was very vital to accomplish the missions, like what a true Bond agent would do, accomplish missions without getting hit and still look very classy after the mission.
Yes, you are right, Tomorrow Never Dies included skiing. At the time, I wasn't a fan that they broke away from the first person shooter that made Golden Eye such a success and turned the game into a third-person shooter. I was always a little disappointed with the Bond games on the PS1.

I'm not surprised to see Goldeneye as almost everyone's #1 choice. It's also my favorite Bond game. I also loved The World is Not Enough for the PS1, very interesting game. There were a lot of cool gadgets you could use and the levels were pretty varied themselves.

Well like most persons my favorite James Bond game without a doubt is Goldeneye. I especially love it on the Nintendo 64 where you can play multiple player with 4 persons. Just the multipleplayer mode makes this game so much fun to play. It just never gets old or boring.

While I think Goldeneye 007 had the most "wow" factor, my favorite Bond is Nightfire. I believe Nightfire did everything better, especially multiplayer. The bots are a MAJOR addition. I remember the days of waiting till the weekend when my friends would come over and play Goldeneye. Sure, we would have a blast, but with Nightfire we could all play against bots during the week and keep our skills sharp. And then the option to team up against bots just adds to the variety.

I am not much of a FPS (I am kind of bad depending on the game), BUT...Goldeneye N64 all the way!!! LOLOL I played it with one of my siblings just cause he wanted me to see the game. I was hooked. Loved it.