Favorite Anime

Berserk
New Fist of the North Star
Vampire Hunter D
Final Fantasy Unlimited
Case Closed, yeah yeah I know

I like them bloody as hell, or funny I forget which one.

Now that we're on the subject of anime, can somebody please explain to me the difference, or order of mobile suit gundam, gundam wing, gundam seed, g gundam and all the others I forgot to mention. I'm kinda new to anime and have been confused by this series. :w1:

Reply to: kurruption:

Now that we're on the subject of anime, can somebody please explain to me the difference, or order of mobile suit gundam, gundam wing, gundam seed, g gundam and all the others I forgot to mention. I'm kinda new to anime and have been confused by this series. :w1:

Oh god...this may take a while...Most of the Gundam series have absolutly nothing to do with each other. I know mobile suit gundam is the first one... and I know Gundam seed is the last one...and I know G gundam and Gundam wing are a little bit before seed. I think only a couple of gundams have anything to do with eachother. but there are alot of series...all the gundams that I know of.

Moble suit Gundam
08 MS team
Z Gundam
ZZ Gundam
G Gundam
Gundam Wing
Gundam Seed
...oh yah theres a live action Gundam series in Japan.
and thats still not mentioning the many movies with the gundam name on there. Thats the reason (among other things) Robotech seies pwns Gundam.

New here but big Anime fan so I'll continue this thread :)

Suiyuki
Azumanga Daioh (and yes I am a straight man)
Any of the Slayers series
TriGun (but only in subtitles)
Cowboy Bebop
Any of the Dragonball series (again subtitled only)
Ninja Scroll (just the movie, the series was horrible)

and by proxy of my fiance
Robotech (eww)
Noir (too boring, but forced to watch)
Vampire Hunter D (over-hyped)
Akira (WAY over-hyped, the manga was infinitely better)

Saint Bastard welcome to the club, and if you didn't know new people always buy the older people drinks, :b3:
I'm fairly new too so someone else should technically do the welcome though, Just wanna say I agree Vampire Hunter D is too overhyped....... kinda like fable

Come to Pittsburgh sometime Kurruption and you can have all the beer ya want :) The old style animations were great, but because they were running out of original ideas for scripts you saw great pieces of crap come from Japan during the late 80's early 90's. Great animation but when you try to fit the idea of an entire manga into one 90 minute movie you're gonna lose alot (i.e., why Akira is a HORRIBLE represenative of anime).

Had to break out:

Great Teacher Onizuka. The manga and anime are slightly different versions of each other, and both are worth checking out.

SaintBastard, I assume you mean Akira was a horrible representation of the manga.

Then again, I suppose if you feel like Akira has done anime in general wrong, you're entitled to that opinion. I've always felt like it was a great exposure for mature cartoons for America.

As far as it representing the Manga, yea, you can't put 300 pages into 90 minutes without missing some key elements.

Well akria movie did a wayyy beter job in putting a whole series in a 90 min movie than other series....X for example, animation was awsome but the story was pure crap in the movie. I did like the changed ending where everyone died.