Favorite Animal Crossing game?

Boxcube

Registered
Jan 18, 2015
Animal Crossing - Gamecube
Animal Crossing Wild World - DS
Animal Crossing City Folk - Wii
Animal Crossing New Leaf - 3DS

After putting over 50 hours into each of the games above I have to go with the original Animal Crossing as still owning the crown as the best. I felt it had the best character interaction with the grumpy characters actually being grumpy, and not tamed down for the new releases. I also liked the fact that every shop was located in the "forest" and not in a separate area.

The only annoyance was how long it took to get the fossils researched.

I have only played the 1st. one and New Leaf. I really like New Leaf the best. There is so much more to do, and the graphics are great! However, I am considering re-visiting the first one.

As with most series, the original Animal Crossing is far superior to the games that came after it. It was such an innocent game with plenty of things to do and it really broke new ground. However, the sequels didn't really make as much of an impact, and I wouldn't consider them nearly as good as the original in most aspects. Better graphics didn't make for better games here.

I've only played Animal Crossing Wild World on the DS. For people who've played all four do you notice much of a difference between the consoles, or is it more of a difference of gameplay etc.?

I've only played Animal Crossing Wild World on the DS. For people who've played all four do you notice much of a difference between the consoles, or is it more of a difference of gameplay etc.?

It's hard to describe in words, and perhaps it is partly nostalgia speaking but in the original Animal Crossing there was a sense of freedom and innocence that has seem to be lost with the lost few editions.

Here are a few examples that the original has, but none of the follow up games offers.

- Better character personalities, the grumpy characters are actually grumpy, and can be quite hilarious. I think in the new games they didn't want people to feel like they were being insulted, so they took out a lot of the "grumpiness". Even some of the other personalities seem to be more "dry" in the newer games.

- You have more freedom to and are not burdened with the responsibility to be the mayor of the town. There is something about just be another one of the citizens.

- NES games! Up to 8 that you can attain easily, and another 4 that you have to enter special codes for. This alone makes it THE game of the series.

It's hard to describe in words, and perhaps it is partly nostalgia speaking but in the original Animal Crossing there was a sense of freedom and innocence that has seem to be lost with the lost few editions.

Here are a few examples that the original has, but none of the follow up games offers.

- Better character personalities, the grumpy characters are actually grumpy, and can be quite hilarious. I think in the new games they didn't want people to feel like they were being insulted, so they took out a lot of the "grumpiness". Even some of the other personalities seem to be more "dry" in the newer games.

- You have more freedom to and are not burdened with the responsibility to be the mayor of the town. There is something about just be another one of the citizens.

- NES games! Up to 8 that you can attain easily, and another 4 that you have to enter special codes for. This alone makes it THE game of the series.

I haven't played AC in a few years now but I think I do remember some of the characters being quite snippy with me. Probably a toned down version of the original then I guess. The original sounds like fun but I suppose a lot more difficult to find these days? Can you even buy Gamecubes anymore?