Emulation

bavinnie

Registered
May 6, 2015
Anyone here a big Emulator user for PC or Mobile? The only mobile emulator I ever have used myself was a GBA emulator so I could scratch that Pokemon itch on the go. But for PC I've downloaded and used just about every single emulator myself, the 3 I always keep on my PC and use on a pretty regular basis are for Ps1, Ps2 and GC/Wii (Dolphin). I got into gaming via singleplayer console games growing up so I'm pretty fond of coming back and revisiting old favorites, or even games I heard good things about bet never got around to playing.

I've used Bluestacks for mobile emulation on PC, it's pretty great. As for other emulators for the most part I'm using them to emulate older versions of Windows or DOS, because I really like old games like Sim Ant and Sim Safari, and so on. They all need DOS so it's impossible to play on todays operating systems without some help.

I was wondering if I shouldn't just install some sort of virtual machine program and play on there but I worry it will use up all of my PC's resources - it's the program and the game running after all.

With your emulators for the playstation, how does that translate to keyboard? Or can you simply use a proper controller? How do you use a controller with it? Have you tried any newer games that have joystick and PS controller capabilities? :D

I love discovering emulators and finding games for them, so much so that I don't actually play through all the games and instead just keep on discovering what is available. I had Dolphin emulator on my last laptop which unfortunately I think caused too much strain on it and broke it but I did enjoy getting to play bomberman on it before it broke.

I use emulators a bit, but my laptop doesn't really have the power to run anything later than the SNES unfortunately. It's nice to take a stroll down memory lane and play some Megaman X without having to re-buy the console though. I usually just use a wired Xbox 360 controller, which works fine except the D-Pad isn't the most accurate for more precise games.

I'm thinking of trying out emulation for the original playstation. I loved the hot shots golf series that came out awhile ago. I've been jonesing for a good golf game and the miniature golf side game is very addicting.

PS1 emulation is pretty good from what I remember. It's not too demanding and the smart guys behind the more popular emulators have ironed out most of the bugs in the more popular titles I think. I mean, if a PSP can play PS1 games without issue, then any decent computer ought to be able to run the games just fine.

I've really only emulated GBA on my phone so I could play Pokemon on the run. I'm going to try and emulate some PS2 games whenever I find the time. Thanks for reminding me!

I discovered emulators about 8 years ago when I first 10 years ago when I first got a pc. It couldn'/t play most of the pc games around then and so I had to resort to playing super nintendo and gba emulators. I have played psp emulator as well and I even tried it on my Android phone and it worked great.

PS1 emulation is pretty good from what I remember. It's not too demanding and the smart guys behind the more popular emulators have ironed out most of the bugs in the more popular titles I think. I mean, if a PSP can play PS1 games without issue, then any decent computer ought to be able to run the games just fine.

I really want to get my hands on some older ps1 titles. So yeah, I will be looking online for a good emulator. Lots of titles to take up my time. So why not?