Does the TV hurt the Vita?

DarkGizmo

Registered
Nov 9, 2014
NY
www.revillution.com
Do you think the existence of the Playstation TV hurts Vita sales? In a way, I feel it does, because why would you buy a Vita when you can buy a PSTV for much less and play all the same games with the exception of a few? Do you own a PS TV or Vita? Perhaps both? What are your thoughts on this?

If anything, I see the PSTV as a peripheral to go alongside the PSvita for those who already have it and merely an incentive to get both for those who have neither. Now granted, that's a lot of cash to slap down, but since the PSTV has vita games, then technically it is a PSVita itself and is selling PSvita software... Maybe not much of an improvement, but at least it's something... Right?

I think it just strengthens the line up because more people would be enticed to buy Vita games which then would encourage developers to make more. A lot of people like me would never have considered to buy a Vita for one reason or another, so I think it's mainly for those types of consumers. Anyone interested in portables will still consider the Vita, I think.

Do you think the existence of the Playstation TV hurts Vita sales?

Nope.

In a way, I feel it does, because why would you buy a Vita when you can buy a PSTV for much less and play all the same games with the exception of a few?

It's not much less. Without a controller, $100. With a controller $140 unless you want a higher end controller (The DS$).You can buy a used Vita for the same price in reasonable condition (from a real retailer) or even a refurbished one for around $150. You gain portable and full library access.

There isn;t the exception of a few, there is the exception of nearly 90% of all Vita games. You get all PSP and PS1, but the Vita list is horrific.

Do you own a PS TV or Vita?

I own a Vita only, but I'll pick up a PSTV soon-ish.

What are your thoughts on this?

As I said I don't believe this hurts the Vita, it isn't a Vita substitute. It's a cheap remote play box pitched at PS4 owners.

At one time in Japan it was attempted to make it a Vita TV, but it flopped. They rebranded it and moved on.

Reactions: DarkGizmo