Do you play World of Tanks?

Rowe992

Registered
Feb 6, 2015
Does anyone here play world of tanks on pc? Have you ever heard of wold of tanks? Well if you haven't then you should check it out. It is a multiple player online game that is based off historic tanks used i world war 1 and 2. The game features teams that battle using any tank chosen by the user and the teams are formed base on similar strength tanks. I hardly ever play any other game since I began playing 8 months ago.

I've dabbled in World of Tanks, but I've never been able to fully invest myself in the game. It's a fine game that's better than a lot of similar titles out there. Still, I tend to get bored after a few matches, and there's not enough variety there for my personal liking. I know plenty of friends that love WoT, though.

I played World of Tanks for a while. It's a great game and loads of fun. However getting to Tier X can take a really long time and many players are unhappy about it. It's also a game which you can pay to win, using special ammunition and buying premium tanks. Of course these advantages are not game changing, but they can make the difference between winning and losing a round.

Yeah I understand your frustration. There are some people who just have to pay their way through everything. I personally don't spend money on this game because I like to earn my tanks the real way and not pay my way.

I have played a bit, but it wasn't enough to satisfy my interests for very long. It seemed fairly slow-paced to me, especially compared to many other titled out there. Also, it seemed to present itself as a pay-to-win type game, which I don't particularly like. It just takes too long to level up and grasp the mechanics of the game for me.

Decent game, just not for me.

I have heard of it, and have seen game play videos of it. I would not play it. The reason for it is because I just feel like that game does not have a lot of strategy for me. It's basically shooting with tanks.

I have heard of it, and have seen game play videos of it. I would not play it. The reason for it is because I just feel like that game does not have a lot of strategy for me. It's basically shooting with tanks.

There is a lot of strategy actually. Of course it's no RTS game, but players with different skill levels will fare very differently. It's not just an aim-and-shoot game. You need to estimate trajectory, have good tactical sense of where your allies and enemies are, know where to go, understand the layout of the map, and in general have a good sense of how to play your role effectively.

Did play it for a while when it was in BETA. Haven't tried it lately, but I doubt much has changed.

It comes across as a little too grindy and repetitive to my liking. However I do know that the game has a fantastic community.

It comes across as a little too grindy and repetitive to my liking. However I do know that the game has a fantastic community.

How do you "know" that the game has a fantastic community unless you've actually played it. I have, and I can tell you that the community cannot be described as you so vaguely put it, as fantastic. There is a lot of hate towards noobs in general and games can be very competitive.

No but a friend of mine has really gotten into it and I just can't commit that kind of energy to a new game. Honestly, I'm a bit older now and I can't play a game that addictive because I don't have that kind of time. I would like to say I'm willing to try it but there's no winning. If it's bad then its and if its good I can't play it...

There is a new game out from the same devs. World of Planes. Anyone tried it ? Is it similar in gameplay with world of tanks (except they have...planes)?