Developing A Mobile Game

androl

Registered
Feb 9, 2015
I recently had an idea for a guitar training app after searching Google Play and finding that there are no decent ones out there. There are plenty of these types of apps out there, but they are just not very good and I have some great ideas to include in such an app which would make it awesome! Then I realized that I could use that same idea to make a guitar game, which I may very well do if I can master the graphics and the programming properly. I have no doubts that this will take a long time but that's the nature of software development! I've just had another idea for a business game whereby the app actually rings your phone with business offers and suchlike (as part of the game). Just wondered what your thoughts were on these ideas?

Last edited:
Good luck with learning how to program!
Trust me, when you're done, you'll be proud of yourself.

Good luck with learning how to program!
Trust me, when you're done, you'll be proud of yourself.
Oh, I hope so! It's already proven to be a very large learning curve and it certainly isn't easy. It's also very time consuming. I have no idea how long it's going to take but it's not going to be any time soon. I just hope it all pays off in the end.

I would really recommend using Unity. Its a great piece of software and it will help you build your app while still learning how to program. Like you, I have only just started learning to program and It has really helped make sense of everything - There are some great internet tutorials. Is is very easy to learn and you'll wonder why you were ever going to make your game without it. I like your ideas especially the guitar one. I agree with you there isn't much out there. Good luck. If you don't mind, please return to this thread when you've completed it as i'd love to see how it turns out.

I would really recommend using Unity. Its a great piece of software and it will help you build your app while still learning how to program. Like you, I have only just started learning to program and It has really helped make sense of everything - There are some great internet tutorials. Is is very easy to learn and you'll wonder why you were ever going to make your game without it. I like your ideas especially the guitar one. I agree with you there isn't much out there. Good luck. If you don't mind, please return to this thread when you've completed it as i'd love to see how it turns out.
Can you use Unity to make mobile apps? I didn't realize that. I did try Unity a few years ago when I was trying to make a PC game for Windows but didn't have any luck with it. I didn't have a clue what I was doing with it and found it quite awkward and difficult to use. Maybe I should have another look at it. Coding apps yourself in Android/Java is extremely awkward and very difficult.