Consoles or Emulators?

PrideKidd

Registered
Hello everyone and I thought I would ask you guys ( and gals ) a question. Now be honest, do you now or have in the past downloaded Emulators and Roms? I did thats for sure, that is until I began recollecting my youth. Now I am generally all console, i prefer to have a "hard copy" of things ;)

Just thought I'd see if others out there were like me. :)

I mean, yeah, I'm definitely using emulators, since there are games that I just can't afford to buy. But of course, a real console is better, especially for games that have problems with being emulated - I recall the PSX Final Fantasy titles having big problem with emulators. That's why I keep my old consoles with me when I upgrade. :)

Consoles ftw!!!

Consoles:
Pro: Playing using consoles feels better than playing using emulators
Con: Consoles are waaaaay too expensive (for me) and the games are expensive too >A<

Emulator:
Pro: Most emulators and games are free; Usually there's a "save state" (lol cheating XD)
Con: Doesn't really satisfy my gamer feels XP

But in the end, I choose emulator. Simply because I ain't rich (and cheating makes everything easy, lol, just kidding, I still love the feeling of getting frustrated over one/more parts of a game)

I've tried emulators before. The only reason why I did that is because I could not find my old copy of Buck Rogers on the Sega Genesis. It felt awkward at first because I was use to the old school controler. But there is something to say about the nostalgia of old school consoles. The hard copies that is.

I have downloaded a lot of emulators and roms. I don't own any consoles has I have always prefer to game on a computer. The fact that emulators are now available on Android means that I can play these games on my phone and so I have no need for a console.

Emulators are something I use to supplement my collection & consoles are what I turn to when I want game. I like that emulators exist but I prefer consoles. I like the feel of playing on a console & I like the process behind playing.

I am going to say the same as most of the others, emulators. It is very satisfying to have the hard copy and see the consoles sitting there, but it is just so hard to find a decent quality working classic system anymore. Not only that, but they cost an arm and a leg if they are in good working condition. Plus, you can find any and every game for emulators. Games like Zelda or Mario Party for N64 go for around thirty plus dollars where I live. I would just assume pay nothing and have every game I wanted at my disposal without all the hunting them down and hundreds of dollars in cash for them all.

I Also would prefer to use the original consoles if I can because emulators aren't always complete in features and sometimes a bit buggy with some games. Also the experience. Is just not as authentic. Although I am still very thankful that they exist because consoles can be a bit of a pain too when it comes to wires or peripherals being unavailable or breaking.

I love playing with the actual console because you are using the actual controller for that console and it's a lot more easier than playing the keyboard as controller for emulator, although for console it is required to buy the actual game cartridge or cd or even the file to be able to play the game on the console unlike on emulator that you just need to download the rom which is free on most sites, also a good points that was taken is the there is a save state on emulator other than the actual save point on the game it is pretty useful too.

Well emulators are only better for the sake of convenience. Being able to stuff a console's entire library of games on one hard drive, and play with features such as save states and higher resolutions, is really convenient. But emulators lack in a lot of places as well. The fact is that emulation still isn't perfect. Retro games such as NES, SNES, and Genesis games have pretty much reached perfection, but titles after those generations of consoles still need some work.

PlayStation One and Nintendo 64 emulation has gotten adequately good, but you still run into some graphical glitches a lot of the time. Nothing needs to be said for consoles like the PlayStation 2 and onward. While a lot of games are "playable," that doesn't necessarily mean they do the original game justice.

Consoles are the way to go if possible.

Well if you really want to experience real gameplay then you need to play on a console because the game works better in it but the problem is consoles and original games can cost a lot of money while you can experience playing by using emulators which are free game downloads. So I guess if your a serious gamer then use a console.

Console for me, its the best way to enjoy the game. Simulators are good only if your device is really powerful, specially when the graphics rendering of the game is high. Its the only way for a simulator to run the game smoothly. Console's are basically made for that kind of requirement, and you do not need to do anything just to enjoy the game.