Cheap crap in games!

Maverick

I'm A Pimp, Bitch
Registered
Jul 10, 2005
The Steel City
www.myspace.com
Damn these games! I just got done playing Mario Party. What a cheap game, I had the most stars & the most coins by far, but that Reversal of Fortune crap stole all my stuff and I ended up losing. What a steaming pile! I hate cheap ass games like that. Stuff like cars always catching up to you in racing games, boss battles in fighting games, and calls/non-calls in sports games. I always end up throwing my controller and cussing like a drunken sailor.

So what's some of the cheap crap in games that you hate? It can be a specific thing or just a general problem.

enemies who have super-senses to know where you are like before you even open a door..

enemies who spawn into a room you were just in

when somebody uses an exploit in a multiplayer game

when a game makes it so that touching lava kills you instantly

when a game makes it so you have to go through an insanely long and difficult final level with little powerups and no means to save...then throws something that's almost impossible to survive so that you find yourself repeating the same level over and over again until like a lab rat, you finally learn the exact pattern that the designers determined must be followed in order to succeed.

I don't know if this falls into the same category as your rant, but I thought the ending of KOTOR 2 was cheap. It's obvious they ran out of time and stuff is missing. They were so desperate they just had the final villain explain everything through dialogue. It was sad.

Could you explain the ending of KotOR II to me in dialouge? I still don't get the ending.

I hate fighting games where your opponent does like super-duper combos non-stop and can block your moves even before you do them.

i hate how in sonic heroes, they give you a long track to run on and then stick a random baguy infront of you like, "ha ha, faked you out". There's no real point in sonic heroes where you can run in a straight line at full speed without fear of running into something. The last 3 levels of sonic heroes are beyond cheap

i hate how in soul calibur's weapons master, the computer eventually 'learns' your fighting pattern and then dodges every single attack, and then knocks you out of the ring :mad:

and megaman zero's bosses are pretty cheap. zero dies in like, 4 hits and the bosses have like 3 long layers of energy.

and then there's megaman x7, the cheapest game EVER!

i could go on and on

I hate it when uber ph46$, in GGX, when I'm pwning them....just...

Napalm DEATH!!!!!!!

Or just the simple concept of Chance Time, or the communist implications of Bowser Revolution.

As for the UBER KOTOR2 SPOILERS!!!!!!!

Kreia just explains how the followers of the Exile are the ones responsible for re-establishing the Jedi Order, and she says that he should go follow Revan past the Outer Rim, to find the origins of the Sith.

ya. mario party has a lot of unfairnesses. but mostly cause it relies on random die rolls. but the worst is when you play against mostly computer opponents and to make the game harder than a cake-walk you up their skill level. basically that means the computer uses the turbo button for all those button mashing mini-games...how cheap.

I think all games are crap. When will they make a game where I can be invisible and go around watching women undress?!?!!? Tell me!!!

Just when I think you can't get any more disgusting, Stan, you manage to sink even lower. That must be a very special talent.

The final levels in the 2 Mech Assult games are kinda cheap too. Throughout both of the games the developers give you these big bad mechs and tell you to destroy eveything, and then on the final missions they give you the smallest, weakest battle suit and tell you to survive fighting the building sized enemy mechs.

Maximo & Oddworld : Stranger's Wrath were games that were so tough that they seemed cheap IMO.

Last edited:
I have never been wild about the idea of a time limit in games. In Fantastic 4, the most recent game I played, to get some of the bonuses there are some difficult time requirements. Why any developer would encourage the player to finish the game faster?

This is a little old school. Ok, anyone remember X-wing for PC (and mac in this case). Every now and then they would have a mission where you had to protect something like a shuttle that was disabled or ships while they transferred cargo. For some STUPID reason they always seemed to give you the Y-wing, which SUCKED. Furthermore, all your allies died within a few seconds of starting the mission, so it was always your SUCKY Y-wing against the entire Imperial fleet. I much preferred the missions where they gave you an X-wing and said destroy everything. I liked those.

GhostToast said:
enemies who have super-senses to know where you are like before you even open a door..

enemies who spawn into a room you were just in

when somebody uses an exploit in a multiplayer game

when a game makes it so that touching lava kills you instantly

when a game makes it so you have to go through an insanely long and difficult final level with little powerups and no means to save...then throws something that's almost impossible to survive so that you find yourself repeating the same level over and over again until like a lab rat, you finally learn the exact pattern that the designers determined must be followed in order to succeed.

YEAH WHEN YOU TOUCH LAVA IN REAL LIFE YOU SLOWLY MELT INTO IT SCREEMING FOR MERCY FROM AN UNFORGIVING GOD WHILE THE FLESH BURNS OFF OF YOU BODY WHATS WITH THIS YOU TOUCH IT AND INSTANTLY DIE CRAP.

and then the impossible to survive thing like in god of war when all of a sudden it makes you jump from platform to platform with the spinning saw blades that part sucks.

I hate how back in the day I used to play street fighter II on the arcade, I'd play the computer and eventually I would fight blanka and he would be walking towards me and all of a sudden he would do the roll attack on me, cheap bastards everytime I play as blanka I have to charge back for 2 seconds to do the whole damn thing

I also hate how you automatically have to upgrade to the best weapon to be able to beat the game or else it gets too hard, so what if I wanna beat ninja gaiden with the wooden sword

daiconv said:
i hate how in sonic heroes, they give you a long track to run on and then stick a random baguy infront of you like, "ha ha, faked you out". There's no real point in sonic heroes where you can run in a straight line at full speed without fear of running into something. The last 3 levels of sonic heroes are beyond cheap

Same thing in the original. Thats why I hated the originals. I wanted speed! :headbange

I hate how mario is now nintendo's crack whore, shit I just found out there's a mario baseball game coming out, come on nintendo, you can do better than that.

I just beat Conker: Live and Reloaded (Bad Fur Day to be more specific). I could call that whole game cheap because of how much dying/retrying you do throughout the game. But the cheapest part in the game to me is the level where you have to get your money back from those primates by surfing through lava on a hoverboard. The level is too narrow, the dinosaur is just added grief, its easy to forget the jump, and when you're almost done they change the level. How sadistic did Rare have to be to make a game that difficult? If I didn't have a thing about finishing what I start, I would've just quit playing it because of the difficulty. But strangely enough, after beating it I hope they make another one.

kurruption said:
I hate how mario is now nintendo's crack whore, shit I just found out there's a mario baseball game coming out, come on nintendo, you can do better than that.

Unfortunately, each one is great and sells spectacularly.

"great" ??

its the same recycled sound effects, music, character models...they have a bunch of character-themed stadiums...mario is like the old animatronic bear up on stage at ShowBiz Pizza (before it changed to Chuck-E Cheese). he's old, mechanical, his fur is wearing off (ok maybe mario doesnt have fur) and his girlfriend is a creepy looking mechanical chearleader mouse. nevermind. :socks: