Bollocks I don't think So

it'll actually make it easier to try things out if they let you do an intro level before buying the whole enchilada. I'd be all for it, as long as the game doesn't cost me more than it would from a store.

spudlyff8fan said:
That article was stupid as hell. .

Thank you, I can care less what anyone syas, buying a level in DOOM or ammo is wack. They only thing that caon work ok is for games like WoW, or Oblivian. Maybe MEch games for parts. But in GT to buy each car, and parts for the car, or evan insurance, COME ON. I see this already going down but that would be outta control.

spudlyff8fan said:
That article was stupid as hell. Now I remember why I hate IGN.
"Pissed off? Frightened? Confused? This editorial is a satire, though admittedly some of it is already true. The fact is, not all of these ideas have happened yet, but sadly this next generation, this "purchase-happy generation" has begun. Consumables, horse armor, buyable jerseys -- these things are all happening right now. Will it get worse? Could publishers really be so cynical? Being the consumer, you have purchasing power, and your monetary decisions persuade publishers. You don't want horse armor? Don't buy it. And make sure nobody else you know buys it. It's BS. Jerseys that cost a few bucks? Are you really going to buy those? What kind of sucker are you? Consumables? Write a letter to Microsoft and let them know this idea sucks rocks."

I thought it it was stupid as hell too until I saw that little part, since the article did basically say "You're gonna get ripped off, and you'll enjoy it too".

'Course if companies do try stuff like that.. it'll probably just lead to a rise in people pirating stuff.