Blockbuster 360 Rental Policy

scribe999

Registered
Nov 8, 2005
New Jersey
I'm not sure if this policy is effective throughout the entire Blockbuster chain, but when I tried to rent a 360 game tonight at a local Blockbuster store, they would only allow a rental with the accompaniment of a major credit card. Apparently, my Visa check card wasn't good enough. So, I just walked out, but I have to admit I was really irritated.

This is sheer idiocy considering that they already possess all of my vital credit information in their register computers anyway. I used to work for Blockbuster and I know how much sensitive info they ask in return for the "privilege" of renting from them. Xbox 360 games are only $10 more than current gen system games (back in the days of VHS, a brand new release tape would be worth $100 a unit), and still they require people to give up more credit information than necessary!!!

First they get caught misleading people into believing their crap about "no late fees" and now they want to "protect" themselves by forcing you release even more private financial information in a day and age of identity thefts and fraud.

The age of video rental stores is over. It's all about online rental services now. Go with Gamefly.

I, nor any of my friends, have had any problems with it in the past. While I don't have a 360 myself (not yet, but I will soon hopefully), many of my friends have rented 360 games from Gamefly with no hassle. I've been using it for DS, PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox games and have found everything to be just fine. The only thing I can advise is that you put upcoming hot titles at the top of your list at Gamefly, that way you won't have to wait long if there is a huge rush to get the game after it is released.

I'll go with Ninja's outlook on it....I've been renting a little here and there from Gamerush...aka Blockbuster....and some of the fascinating trends are:
a. They never have the title i want, although they have plenty of the same title to buy :fire: "at a reduced rate":fire:
b. They did the same thing with me when i lost my credit card, and i wanted to pay with a check. Unknown to me, checks are so yesterday's news. So i had to go all the way home and have my wife come up with her credit card....Truly Insane, really!!

Blockbuster, Gamerush, and all the rest of the gaming stores have my tested my patience too many times.....Even the Gamestops and/or EB Games have shown no competence in their field.....I'm with Ninja in saying go with Gamefly....I've heard little to no bad things about the way they do business

I live a block away from a Hollywood video (until I buy my house today and then I'll be about 2 miles away). A few years ago Blockbuster tried to come to town (it's a small town), but their policies and false gimmicks brought them down. Hollywood always has what I want.

I actually do have a Gamefly account, but this game is currently on "short wait" status. I was hoping to review it soon, so I took a shot at Blockbuster.

As I said before, I worked for Blockbuster for 2 years and I know how much of a sad joke they are.